Orders from Newegg

janclaes47

I bought Samsung EVO SD memory cards from Lazada and they were counterfeit. A LOT of EVO stuff sold here (and AMAZON as well) is bogus.

i don't know how you can tell on SSD's but with the SD cards, if the card edge is painted white, it is usually genuine,  Black edge and it's a knock-off.

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

Is it better to buy 2 x 250gb or 1 x 500gb ?

A 500GB drive will be a little faster than a 250GB drive.  Do you have two spots in your computer to mount two drives.  Why buy off NewEgg and deal with the 7% VAT, possible import duty, and longer shipping time when you can buy the exact same drive in Thailand for around Bt3000.  Like at invadeIT just for example whose prices are usually the going retail price in Thailand....you can usually find a little cheaper at other online or physical stores in Thailand.

http://invadeit.co.th/product/solid-state-drives-ssd/samsung/ssd-860-evo-sata-iii-500gb-2-5inch-mz-76e500bw-p034250/

image.png.1425095e9e7bbbe739865d7663e90f1f.png

2 minutes ago, Pib said:

From above image/weblink it looks like you have 10 spaces for 5.25, 3.5 and/or 2.5" type drives.

This is what I see in the spec, but I don't see anywhere 2.5" mentioned. Do you mean that a 3.5" slot can also be used for a 2.5" drive without issues?

image.png.4fe84ed7d54db327f2736efc26a07dc1.png

7 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

This is what I see in the spec, but I don't see anywhere 2.5" mentioned. Do you mean that a 3.5" slot can also be used for a 2.5" drive without issues?

image.png.4fe84ed7d54db327f2736efc26a07dc1.png

A 2.5" drive can be mounted in a 5.25 or 3.5" drive bay.

• 4 months later...
On 12/28/2018 at 7:39 PM, muratremix said:

Newegg claims duties collected on your order (7 percent vat usually) and if there is overcharge, they'll pay for it. So it's all inclusive.

They collect vat but not the import duty. Which can be a killer. Amazon is all inclusive with no surprises at the end but Newegg you still have to wonder what you will have to pay on arrival.

Archived