Banks opening hours for New Years weekend

No, they will be closed on Dec. 31 and Jan. 1.

Note: Shopping centre sub-branches, that are normally open on weekends, should be open on Dec. 29 and 30, but also closed on Dec. 31 and Jan. 1

Note re cash withdrawals:  I don't know how many days off the ATM service guys get. ATM's might be out of money in the latter part of what will be a four and a half day weekend (including the evening of the 28th).

If you can see now that you will be needing cash, don't wait until late on the 31st or Jan.1

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Felt 35 said:

Thanks for the info. However I had thought they had half day opening on 31 Dec as is usual in Europe due to 31. Dec not being a religious public holiday, but well no big deal anyway.

Felt.

December 31st is a public and bank holiday. See: https://www.bot.or.th/English/FinancialInstitutions/FIholiday/pages/2018.aspx

As said the main branches but the small ones in malls and etc will be open.

19 hours ago, Felt 35 said:

Thanks for the info. However I had thought they had half day opening on 31 Dec as is usual in Europe due to 31. Dec not being a religious public holiday, but well no big deal anyway.

Felt.

You are in big trouble when you start thinking things in Thailand are the same as in the Australia, Europe, and US.

That includes girls, marriage, real-estate, laws, and holidays.

And a few more that I did not mention.