Buriram's Sasalak makes final cut for Asian Cup

rooster59

Buriram's Sasalak makes final cut for Asian Cup

By Lerpong Amsa-ngiam 
The Nation

886df970c1acbe0fcc7d604e64efbf09.jpeg

Sasalak Haiprakhon during a training.

Buriram United’s Sasalak Haiprakhon feels honoured to be part of the 23-player final cut for the upcoming Asian Cup, due to begin in the United Arab Emirates next Saturday.

The 22-year-old midfielder is national coach Milovan Rajevac's choice after he joined the national team for the AFF Championship earlier this month, where Thailand reached the semi-finals.

The player says he is proud to carry the Thai flag into the quadrennial international men's football championship, which marks the first time in 12 years that Thailand has reached the Final.

“Seeing my name among the last 23 players again is larger than life. I really feel grateful for this chance given by the coach,” said Sasalak, who has appeared in four international games.

“I’ve been working really hard in order to catch up with the senior players. The atmosphere was very competitive at the training camp for the Asian Cup. By being given this opportunity, I will try to maximise my effort to help the team,” Sasalak said.

The winger also feels the appearances of star players Chanathip Songkrasin, Teerasil Dangda and Theerathon Bunmathan, will make Thailand a force to be reckoned with at the tournament.

“Having them will make us stronger than we were in the AFF Championship. I have already learned so many from them during the training, which is valuable experience,” he added.

The team will leave for the Middle East on Sunday and will play their first game against India on January 6.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/sports/30361344

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-12-30

Archived