Has Anyone used the rentry permit on line system? And some border questions.

Re: The online reentry permit system.

Anyone used it. Im trying to decide whether its worth my time to schlep out to CW to get it, or just wait till I go and get one at DMK or BKK.

Can you get the permits at the airport in CM or KK? Where are the desks?

Can you get the permits at Poipet or other land entries into Cambo? Any hassles there?

Any reported hassles with a O retirement 1 year and a reentry permit at Had Lek/Cham Leam?

People have used the online appointment site for a re-entry permit before. But I have seen no recent reports of anybody using it. When it worked it saved a lot of time since you do not need a queue number to get it done.

You can only get re-entry permits on departure from the country at BKK or DMK.

There is a re-entry permit desk in the international departure area of Chiang Mai airport. There in none at Khon Kaen airport since it is not an international airport.

If you already have a re-entry permit there would be no problem leaving and re-entering at Hat Lek.

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

People have used the online appointment site for a re-entry permit before. But I have seen no recent reports of anybody using it. When it worked it saved a lot of time since you do not need a queue number to get it done.

You can only get re-entry permits on departure from the country at BKK or DMK.

There is a re-entry permit desk in the international departure area of Chiang Mai airport. There in none at Khon Kaen airport since it is not an international airport.

If you already have a re-entry permit there would be no problem leaving and re-entering at Hat Lek.

Its logistics Joe. I have to be in Cambo on January 26th, but havent decided how and from where Im going in. Stop in CM first? Then I guess I can get one at airport as in DMK. And if KK isnt an interantional airport, guess Im not going there first. And if I go in via Koh Chang, I guess I have to go to CW first, schlep all the way out there, again.

Uggg. I spend more time planning than doing.

Here's my extension/re-entry hack:  I make an online re-entry permit appointment for early afternoon of the day when I plan to do my annual extension based on retirement.  Although I don't show up to CW until 8:45 or 9:00 (so my queue number is 30+), I have always finished the extension in time to go to the re-entry queue, where they didn't fuss about the time of my appointment, and I'm out before the noon break.  The online appointment officer does not seem to get much "online business" and I've never spent more than ten minutes with him (although the notice says they will complete the transaction in less than five minutes).  As soon as he has an online applicant, he stops what he's doing to take care of the online applicant.

My visit to CW is in June of each year and was successful last June.

P.S. Although I never need it, I always get the multiple-entry, to save myself the hassle of going to CW more than once a year or to avoid the stress of not being 100% sure of getting the re-entry permit at the airport on the way out.  The consequences of missing are too great.

Edited by heretostay

The reentry at airport is a breeze. Have the tm8 all done with photo etc. Usually takes under 5 minutes.

OP could fly to don mueang then international terminal onwards to Cambodia. Note reentry permit at DM is just past passport control

Well its all going to be moot, Im just gonna fly out of Bangkok to either PP or Siem Reap so I will get my permit there and come back either by air or via Koh Chang

One aspect of the reentry permit online system is, as I discovered just yesterday as I prepared for 90-day + reentry permit at Kap Choeng next week, that - by devious technical paths I'm not entirely clear on - the TM8 form in my MacBook remains 'live' so to speak on the Thai Immigration system ... Which I discovered when I proofread what I had typed up and printed out, only to discover that the form could not cope with someone born in one country (NZ, in my case) and having a p/p from another (Oz). When I corrected the one, the other automatically uncorrected, and vice versa.

Clearly designed by someone unable to conceive that one could be a citizen of a country other than one's country of birth. My solution was to leave both spaces blank & then handwrite NZ & Oz in the appropriate spots. Will be interested to see if this attracts attention next week at KC.