Phuket heavy rain warning for the weekend

webfact

Phuket heavy rain warning for the weekend

By The Phuket News

1546409872_1-org.jpg

All small boats are banned from leaving shore during the heavy warning period, from tomorrow through Saturday (Jan 3-5). Image: TMD

PHUKET: Phuket and other provinces along the Andaman Coast have been issued a weather warning, with torrential downpours and waves reaching up to three metres high forecast from tomorrow (Jan 3) through Saturday (Jan 5) with up to 70% of the island expected to be hit with heavy rain.

Thai Meteorological Department (TMD) Director-General Phuwieng Prakhammintara issued the warning for Phuket this morning, following a general warning for all of Southern Thailand yesterday.

All small boats are banned from leaving shore during the heavy warning period, Phuket Marine Office Acting Chief Wiwat Chitchertwong confirmed with a written notice today (Jan 2).

Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-heavy-rain-warning-for-the-weekend-69862.php#ixFBX0cyhJtgIYOE.99 

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-01-02

5 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

From the forecast of this storm, Phuket might come out "mildly" compared to Chumphon and other parts of western gulf coast for which it looks terrible.

yes the Thai "forecast" is based on the last direction of travel. :shock1:

they have the storm moving due west without it moving north as all other computer models forecast predict.

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

From the forecast of this storm, Phuket might come out "mildly" compared to Chumphon and other parts of western gulf coast for which it looks terrible.

Way I read the satellite tracks the main event is heading to Malaysia, but still dumping lot of rain on south Thailand.

3 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

Way I read the satellite tracks the main event is heading to Malaysia, but still dumping lot of rain on south Thailand.

A lot yes.

A game of luck.

The prediction shows a possible hit on Phuket as late as Saturday morning.

4 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

It was 'dark' and threatening rain all morning, but now the wind has picked up here in Rawai - but there are less clouds!

I 'assume' the storm is on it's way in a few hours?

Same here in Kata.  As far as I can tell on rain radar the eye is just about onshore north of Songkla

4263a05696fe545a69.gif

It was so cold this morning, I woke up to a dream I was walking in Finland during winter. My feet felt so cold.. also after I woke up ????

Pretty much everybody was talking about the incoming storm at my village. 

Hopefully it's not too bad. 

Archived