Walking Street Roundup

suthnuh

Was recently informed the local plod performed a roundup on Walking street. Roundup reportedly occured at around 4am 18 Feb. :o

Strange twist to the story seems to be that the people rounded up were not in bars, gogo's, discos, restaurants or other business. Some of them appear to have been only walking down the street with a Thai woman and got nabbed. :D

Can anyone confirm this story? It was apparently printed in the Thai newspaper, but I can't find any English information anywhere on why it happened. :D

Cheers mates!

Sorry amigo. I thought the line "Some of them appear to have been only walking down the street with a Thai woman and got nabbed" was enough. From what I'm told all the ones rounded up by the plod were farangs walking with Thai women.

Again, I'm told they were not in bars, gogos, or anything. They were simply on Walking street... on the street itself. :o

I have no idea but I heard that last weekend Bangkok Police was in town many places shut down at 3 am. Well, when I walked home around 4 am I saw nothing suspicious, but this might have been due to a few drinks too much :-)

If you see how dead Bangkok now is after 1 am, I am really happy to stay here.... :o

Was recently informed the local plod performed a roundup on Walking street. Roundup reportedly occured at around 4am 18 Feb. :o

Strange twist to the story seems to be that the people rounded up were not in bars, gogo's, discos, restaurants or other business. Some of them appear to have been only walking down the street with a Thai woman and got nabbed. :D

Can anyone confirm this story? It was apparently printed in the Thai newspaper, but I can't find any English information anywhere on why it happened. :D

Cheers mates!

I don't know if there is any connection with the incident you mention, but I know for a fact (I was there) the police shut down the Europa Disco at 4am on 17 Feb.

The Europa disco was closed again by police at around 4am this morning. I'm not sure why. It may have something to do with their operating hours of 3am to 6am. I don't know if they hit Tonys Disco too, but they normally close around 4am.

There's definitely a lot of police activity around the bars right now.

The Europa disco was closed again by police at around 4am this morning. I'm not sure why. It may have something to do with their operating hours of 3am to 6am. I don't know if they hit Tonys Disco too, but they normally close around 4am.

There's definitely a lot of police activity around the bars right now.

Yeah, making sure nobody is having a good time or something... :o

Edited by alexth