Phuket Airport prepares for tropical storm Pabuk

webfact

Phuket Airport prepares for tropical storm Pabuk

The Phuket News

1546495755_1-org.jpg

An empty concourse at Phuket International Airport this morning (Jan 3). Photo: Airport

PHUKET: All travellers planning to use Phuket International Airport in the coming days are urged to check with their airlines the flight status of the planes they are intending to board as the island braces for heavy rains brought on by tropical storm Pabuk, which is expected to make landfall in Chumphon and Surat Thani, on the Gulf of Thailand, today (Jan 3).

Operating staff at the airport have checked that emergency backup power supply is ready if needed, Thanee Chougcho, Director of Phuket International Airport, told The Phuket News this morning.

Airport technicians have also stepped up their inspections of critical systems such as runway lights, he added.

Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-airport-prepares-for-tropical-storm-pabuk-69874.php#02iTWLllLHGCb3oO.99

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-01-03

5 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

My wife is due to fly back from BKK tomorrow Im wondering is she supposed to check with the airline or will they notify her?

Best of luck. My wife driving down. At least she is now 90+ minutes away from home. Never saw any rain. Only dark skies..

4 hours ago, ChipButty said:

My wife is due to fly back from BKK tomorrow Im wondering is she supposed to check with the airline or will they notify her?

Errr- FIRST sentence of the article: "All travellers planning to use Phuket International Airport in the coming days are urged to check with their airlines the flight status of the planes they are intending to board". 

Archived