Pattaya a "Bali" mess! Trash in the sea next to warning sign for littering

webfact

Pattaya a "Bali" mess! Trash in the sea next to warning sign for littering

49184555_2216405005047088_9079020299160125440_o.jpg

Pictures: Sophon Cable

Sophon reported that the authorities in Pattaya were doing nothing to pick up trash. 

The media had been contacted by many tourists at the Bali Hai port who had seen tons of trash floating in the sea. 

The situation was dire and the authorities should get their fingers out, said Sophon, as the damage to the image of tourism at the resort was immense. 

The trash was in the sea just yards from a sign promising 2,000 baht fines for littering. 

49479724_2216405068380415_8991672200641642496_n.jpg

Source: Sophon Cable

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-01-04

You cannot educate some people to put their rubbish in a litter bin....they do not give a toss....until SEVERE fines/jail sentences are dished out it will continue....and this is unlikely to happen :sorry:

1 hour ago, Lantern said:

Nothing will ever change until someone realises that to educate Thais you have to start in the schools.

<deleted> it's not that difficult, but it will take a good few years.

Start with the parents.

6 hours ago, Torrens54 said:

Nahh...not the fault of the Thais, must be those filthy Falang !

Well it often gets written that way in the press. To listen to them you would believe every tourist arrives with a suitcase full of empty cans, bottles and snack packets.

If there were more rubbish bins conveniently placed around the Soi's maybe and that's a big maybe they wouldn't have this problem. An example would be Soi Bukhaow I have never seen a street bin on the whole length of this Soi. 

20 hours ago, YTP said:

Start with the parents.

You can't change the habits of a lifetime with the parents... you have to start with the next generation and hope it continues, two or three generations time it will become the normal way of thinking!

21 hours ago, johng said:

The tourists ???  

no Thai would do such a thing as litter their beloved country ????

I like you posts, like the way you add photos and are usually very reasonable IMO. You actually contribute more than others, with the photos and real examples.

I would have voted for you for POTY if i wasn't banned at the time.

But this time you have it wrong. Thais know they are bad litterers, they dont claim they are not. They dont claim what you are claiming. Sometimes you read it is because of tourists, but thai can be tourists also.

4 hours ago, Pete1980 said:

They dont claim what you are claiming.

Thanks for your kind remarks..however  there is one prominent Thai who likes to claim

"no Thai would do such a thing"    I was using his words  + 1645263524_sarcasmsmall.png.67812561dc63589d1ce8f4f47304b2d7.png

Archived