Clearing Customs

pwllgrgn

Hello

Does anyone know if it is true that if you bring a pet with you that it has to clear customs at Bangkok, even if this is not your final destination? Does this apply whether the pet has come as excess baggage or cargo? :o

If the pet is in transit to another international destination I don't see whey there would be a need to clear customs

Better confirm with your airline

I hope you take into consideration pet's water and hot weather in Bangkok. You may never know where pets are kept between flights. Better check this and see that someone will go and check it after landing in Bangkok and before continue to next flight.

I hope you take into consideration pet's water and hot weather in Bangkok. You may never know where pets are kept between flights. Better check this and see that someone will go and check it after landing in Bangkok and before continue to next flight.

Hi

I have just received an email from Thai Airways Cargo at Bangkok, seems that they did not understand my original question. As long as I get the paperwork right at this end then he can go straight to Chiang Mai and go through customs there. The time between connecting flights is not that long and I have been assured that he will be kept supplied with water. I have been told by a friend to attach 2 water bottles, one with water and one with ice which will gradually melt, just in case.