Going to get a non-B Visa from Penang (for Teacher)

Hello Everyone,

I have compiled all documents that are required to get the non-B visa, and we almost had all the papers except for two documents, so I need your kind assistance to guide us on how to get these remaining documents.

Here is my list:

Documents from School

·        Cover letter addressed to the Royal Thai Embassy (Letter of acceptance from employing school)

o   A contract of employment

·        A confirmation letter from the Ministry Of Education

·        Letter of approval from government agencies such as the Office of the Private Education Commission, the Office of the Basic Education Commission.

·        School license, list of shareholders and school profile.

·        WP3 for working in the company (a work permit application approval letter)

·        A copy of your passport (all stamp pages)

·        A copy of your degree / teaching certificate / experiences / transcripts

·        A letter of confirmation from your university

Documents from me

·        Application for the visa (Penang Version)

·        Original passport

·        A copy of passport (ID page)

·        Certified criminal record in the applicant’s country of origin.

·        Original degree / teaching certificate / experiences / transcripts

·        A letter of confirmation from your university

·        THB 2,000 to pay (transfer fee of TR to NON-B Visa)

·        2 recent photo 4 X 6

·        Letter of approval from government agencies such as the Office of the Private Education Commission, the Office of the Basic Education Commission.

·        WP3 for working in the company (a work permit application approval letter)

My questions are: how do we get these two above documents? which government offices do we have to go to? 

And are we missing any document from the list?

Your detailed answer is highly appreciated 

The school should get the letter of approval from the provincial office of the Education Ministry.

The WP3 or work permit approval letter is not required in Penang teachers.

8 hours ago, skystar7 said:

THB 2,000 to pay (transfer fee of TR to NON-B Visa)

·        2 recent photo 4 X 6

It appears that is from the immigration website. You pay will pay in 300 RMR at the consulate in Penang for the non-b in Penang. There is no fee to change to a non-b visa there.

Photos are the wrong size. See this application form. Penang.pdf

Here is a list from the embassy in KL that may help you since Penang does not have one on their website.

http://www.thaiembassy.org/kualalumpur/contents/images/text_editor/files/Notes_6_1 Non Immigrant B Teacher_1_0 application.pdf 

1, Your school should know where the regional office of OPEC or OBEC is located. 

2. Has your school already applied for a Work Permit for you ? This is done at the Dept. of Labour office in the province where you are situated. I believe this letter is not required for teachers.

Edited by allane

4 minutes ago, allane said:

2. Has your school already applied for a Work Permit for you ? This is done at the Dept. of Labour office in the province where you are situated. I believe this letter is not required for teachers.

Schools don't normally apply for the work permit until the new teacher has a non-b visa since that is required to get a teachers license or waiver.

• 4 months later...
On 1/7/2019 at 7:21 AM, ubonjoe said:

Schools don't normally apply for the work permit until the new teacher has a non-b visa since that is required to get a teachers license or waiver.

I think he meant the WP3 receipt from local employment office. I am now also looking at Penang, my current non-b is from them. (Right now on 60 day spouse visit extension after wp/extension of stay cancellation) Would gladly go there, but don't want to spend some THB 7k on getting a new police clearance from my embassy. My current one is from May 2017.

Also I found two different requirement list: one on the Penang site under service > visa requirement > Visa english

http://www.thaiembassy.org/penang/contents/files/services-20140508-110623-169095.pdf

243868141_Penangreq.png.f1db5988b5ca3f331fc8d9db64b9d0e0.png

Or the one that redirects to KL requirements:

http://www.thaiembassy.org/kualalumpur/contents/images/text_editor/files/6_1 Non Immigrant B Teacher(1).pdf

To be on the safe side I will email them tomorrow.

KL req.png

Edited by Poppadom