Beer truck heading to Patong overturns, spills load

webfact

Beer truck heading to Patong overturns, spills load

By Eakkapop Thongtub

1546760714_1-org.jpg

The truck overturned in Kamala while delivering beer to Patong last night (Jan 5). Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: A 10-wheeled truck delivering a load beer to Patong overturned on the coastal road in Kamala last night (Jan 5).

Capt Jarus Laemphan of the Kamala Police was informed of the accident at 10pm.

Police and rescue workers arrived to find the truck on its side near the turnoff to Kamala Waterfall, with many boxes on San Miguel beer spilled – and crushed and broken – by the side of the road.

Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/beer-truck-heading-to-patong-overturns-spills-load-69916.php#M1yhaBp6SRLkPDBD.99

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-01-07

There was a brewery years ago in Melbourne, all there beer was trucked interstate, some drivers would have a few freebies while waiting to load, you guessed it lol, get up the road later at night, arse over head they go, brewery quickly put a stop to drivers drinking. 

This hill is getting worse and worse for vehicles- must be at least one a week either flipped, in the ditch or failed to get up the hill either side of the naka Police Box. A lot of people get impatient stuck behind slow vehicles as well and dangerously overtake, another reason that causes oncoming traffic to panic break and skid. I'd rather be delayed for 2 or three minutes than kill myself but others don't seem to have that mentality

Unfortunately its only a matter of time before a vehicle lands on one of the huts just to the east of the road.

For two years in my twenties I was a truck driver without previous experience

on mountainous routes and I do not know how the Thais can so easily turn over

o.r make the heavy truck fly.
Maybe trucks in Thailand are sell without ABS just like scooters ????

Archived