RIP BiG BILL SAWYER THE WIZARD OF ROCK N ROLL

cottonpusher

Sadly Big Bill passed away this morning in the presence & I'd imagine the arms of his ever loving wife Flower.

For those of you that spent time in Phuket back in the early nineties and beyond will most likely remember the big man they called Big Bill a larger than life very lovable character that loved to party he was one of the assistant managers/DJ's/MC's/Chef's & was almost a bigger attraction than the girls at the Rock Hard A-GOGO back in the day.

Others may recall him from his earlier restaurant times (name escapes me) in Patpong BKK. pre Phuket.

I wish you godspeed Bill it's was a pleasure to have known you for the the past 25+yrs

37 minutes ago, Somtamnication said:

I think I remember him. He had a deli place just south of Jungceylon, on that same back road, on a soi to the left as you head towards the road heading to Karon.

He made a wicked reuben sandwich!

RIP.

That's the place, and yes a wicked reuben sandwich. Hard for me to finish.

RIP Big Bill. For those Patong The Wake posters, hopefully you did do Bangla in the 90's as I believe that was it's heyday. Big Bill at RH, Larry upstairs at country a Go-Go, Shark Club, the all night place just outside of town on the way to Le Meridien................thems were the days..........'97 THB crash, 55thb to the dollar!!!!

Fond memories.

I remember when Big Bill turned 50, he said if he knew he was going to live that long he would've taken better care of himself. Though I doubt that he would've. Bill lived large and loud. He won't be forgotten. RIP Big Bill. You were a gentle giant, and a true legend!

Archived