Two killed, six injured in head-on pickup crash in Phitsanulok

webfact

Two killed, six injured in head-on pickup crash in Phitsanulok

By The Nation

PN.jpg

Picture: Thai Post

Two people were killed and six others injured when a pick-up truck delivering fighting cocks lost control and crashed into another pickup on a Phitsanulok road early on Wednesday, police said.

Police said the accident happened at 4.30am on the Phitsanulok-Uttaradit road in tambon Wat Bote, Wat Bote district.

Police said Sutthipong Promchan, 44, lost control of his Toyota pickup and crashed into an Isuzu pickup driven by Yothin Inja, 27, coming from the opposite side.

Of the six passengers in the Isuzu, two -- Thanom Tuinoi, 61, and Pad Jaimai, 51 – were killed immediately, while both drivers and the other four passengers in Yothin’s truck were injured and rushed to hospital.

Police said Sutthipong was delivering fighting cocks to buyers, while Yothin and his relatives were returning to Nan when the accident occurred.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30361900

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-01-09

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Police said the accident happened at 4.30am on the Phitsanulok-Uttaradit road in tambon Wat Bote, Wat Bote district.

It's a four lane road from Pitsanulok to Uttaradit and that to Den Chai;

the middle of the road is very wide and there is a ditch in the middle..

Cannot understand what happened , or the accident didn't happened on main road 11

3 hours ago, webfact said:

... when a pick-up truck ... lost control ...

Oh these evil, reckless, negligent vehicles losing control all the time ...! And these poor, helpless, pitiful drivers who can't do anything ...!

45 minutes ago, Assurancetourix said:

Cannot understand what happened , or the accident didn't happened on main road 11

Study the picture. There is a U turn sign which are normally only seen on dual carriageways and also visible in the distance are the headlights of an approaching vehicle which appears to be on the opposite carriageway.

So I reckon the report is correct. I recall seeing a dashcam video of a minibus whose driver lost control and went over the central ditch onto the opposite side, so it can happen. These central ditches are deadly.

A properly built raised median is the only safe way to keep opposing traffic separated. New builds and highway upgrades are being done this way now, thank goodness.

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Police said Sutthipong Promchan, 44, lost control of his Toyota pickup and crashed into an Isuzu pickup driven by Yothin Inja, 27, coming from the opposite side.

There is only one solution to reduce the number of casualties: ban the pickups and only allow Lamborghinis and Ferraris on the roads:50072448_1045049972364766_40894493313151

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Of the six passengers in the Isuzu,

With only five security belt if it's a four doors vehicle and only 2 security belts if it's a two doors vehicle...

and I have all the trouble in the world for my rear passengers to attach themselves.
I never start until everyone is tied up ..

I cannot understand why thai people like ( maybe love ? :1zgarz5:) to die on the roads....

1 hour ago, Assurancetourix said:

Yes I agree. I have traveled this dual carriage way (route 11) on many occasions and cannot recall any two-way single stretches. Perhaps one crossed the central reservation when its driver fell asleep at 04:30am near a U-turn.

53 minutes ago, Assurancetourix said:

Not the good solution, 

remember the policeman who died in Bangkok under the wheels of a  Ferrari ...

oops, Don't mention that The government has forgotten about him He pays his money. Life in England is great and he will never come back

17 hours ago, Vacuum said:

That Isuzu was really crammed.

7 occupants in the Izuzu.... like peas in a pod until the crash, then they're all airborne in a split second with nowhere to go, must have been like skittles inside the cab!!!

Archived