Four former and current Cabinet ministers may have violated Constitution: EC

webfact

Four former and current Cabinet ministers may have violated Constitution: EC

By The Nation

b2925e3cfdcf4ab087a6da9036a66265.jpeg

File photo : Suvit Maesincee

Four former and current Cabinet members, including Science and Technology Minister Suvit Maesincee, may have violated the Constitution for holding shares in concessions, the Election Commission (EC) decided on Tuesday.

The EC also ruled that three other ministers may have violated the charter and could be disqualified from their ministerial posts. They are Education Minister Teerakiat Charoensettasilp, Deputy Transport Minister Pirin Chuchotithavorn and former Deputy Education Minister ML Panadda Diskul.

The EC will submit the case to the Constitutional Court to make a final decision on whether their holding shares in concessions is a conflict of interest.

The case was submitted to the agency in February last year by Pheu Thai Party’s lawyer Ruangkrai Leekitwatana.

Deputy prime minister Wissanu Krea-ngam, in charge of the government legal affairs, on Friday said the ministers may have to be suspended from work if it is ordered by the court.

They could opt to resign or take leave from their posts to show their spirit, Wissanu said. “Nobody could possibly stop them from that,” Wissanu said.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30362058

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-01-11

59 minutes ago, webfact said:

They could opt to resign or take leave from their posts to show their spirit, Wissanu said. “Nobody could possibly stop them from that,”

Their mentor Prawit got away with blatant alleged corruption and that’s the spirit they will emulate. They ain’t going nowhere and Wissanu is just pissing in the wind. 

15 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Their mentor Prawit got away with blatant alleged corruption and that’s the spirit they will emulate. They ain’t going nowhere and Wissanu is just pissing in the wind. 

At least he's pissing as apposed to those who are taking the piss.....

15 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Your right about that but can you recall any politician ever stepping down ? I can't recall it and I am sure it seldom happens. Nothing new here, wish it were an exception rather then the rule. Thieves the whole lot of them. 

17 hours ago, mok199 said:

How is it ever possible to drain this swamp.

It isn't. If they start now, it will take them 2 generations to get rid of this kind of manipulated dishonesty. Same with exucation, and of course, the two things are closely linked. Until then, nothing will stop the privileged few from acting as though the law does not apply to them, and the illegal government will not oblige them to either play by the rules or go to prison.

17 hours ago, mok199 said:

It would have to start (among many other government reforms) with a clean sweep of all the so-called Independent (aka Constitutional) Organizations that have been embedded with various junta appointments and a democratization of the military under civilian control.

How do you drain a swamp that is as big as an ocean?

18 hours ago, mok199 said:

The bottle neck is always on top of the bottle. Everything wrong in this country roots in  education. 
As long as education costs money you have clowns with rich parents and very smart kids which lost by birth right. This, combined with a - call it very own - set of social values is a deadly cocktail as far as development is concerned. How many girls are sending money upcountry because they've been pregnant due to lack of education and chauvinistic rules within their very own families. Ever heard of a woman succeeding getting alimony payments of the father of their kid(s)? 

There is no separation of power (those in charge of setting the rules benefit directly from their action) and the monetary materialistic greed of Khon Thai resulted in modern slavery of the system (everything bought is third-party financed). So, in short, lack of education with materialistic goals - presented nightly in soaps - and family pressure within their own little society results in "take if you can and while the taking is good". I rest my case, enjoy living here, albeit in a parallel society which is mostly untouched by our hosts society rules and values. 

2 hours ago, Srikcir said:

It would have to start (among many other government reforms) with a clean sweep of all the so-called Independent (aka Constitutional) Organizations that have been embedded with various junta appointments and a democratization of the military under civilian control.

How do you drain a swamp that is as big as an ocean?

You have to start by having a cadre of honest, able, committed people, with all the right attributes and qualifications who are willing and able to totally dedicate and commit themselves to doing this. A lifetimes work which will take two or three generations to complete. Providing they also have the support of a large majority of the people.

Now, do you see any around who might make up that cadre? And more importantly the large majority of the people who seem more interested in joining the gravy train rather than derailing it!

Until attitudes to corruption change significantly, nothing will really change. 

9 hours ago, HalfLight said:

It isn't. If they start now, it will take them 2 generations to get rid of this kind of manipulated dishonesty. Same with exucation, and of course, the two things are closely linked. Until then, nothing will stop the privileged few from acting as though the law does not apply to them, and the illegal government will not oblige them to either play by the rules or go to prison.

Exucation? Not in any dictionary I have seen!

What a wonderful neoligism, I really like it. Here are some possible definitions:-

1. A cross between education and execution,

2. A process of deleting things previously learned,

3. Well actually, I can't think of a third.....! I've been exucated.

19 minutes ago, Grusa said:

Exucation? Not in any dictionary I have seen!

What a wonderful neoligism, I really like it. Here are some possible definitions:-

1. A cross between education and execution,

2. A process of deleting things previously learned,

3. Well actually, I can't think of a third.....! I've been exucated.

Ah yes. Allow me to explain - to save you from having to reach for your dictionary. It was a typo which my spell-chucker did not highlight properly. Or perhaps I did not chack the text perporly, that's pissable too.

I understand though, how such exercises as looking for, dusting off and opening a dictionary might be burdensome and that it's easier to just make some wild and not very likely guesses in the futile quest to extract some simple-minded humour from what was in reality, a careless act.. Sad really that the explanation is simpler and less rewarding than speculating, but hey, a better exucation would have taught you that. Occam's razor.

Exucated were you? Excellent, a good exucation is so important., especially when sorting the wheat from the chaff. Pity the poor Thais - most of whom don't have one and will never see one.

52 minutes ago, HalfLight said:

Ah yes. Allow me to explain - to save you from having to reach for your dictionary. It was a typo which my spell-chucker did not highlight properly. Or perhaps I did not chack the text perporly, that's pissable too.

I understand though, how such exercises as looking for, dusting off and opening a dictionary might be burdensome and that it's easier to just make some wild and not very likely guesses in the futile quest to extract some simple-minded humour from what was in reality, a careless act.. Sad really that the explanation is simpler and less rewarding than speculating, but hey, a better exucation would have taught you that. Occam's razor.

Exucated were you? Excellent, a good exucation is so important., especially when sorting the wheat from the chaff. Pity the poor Thais - most of whom don't have one and will never see one.

Ah, I understand. You have no sense of humour. Sorry to have offended you, not intended. I do no whit a spill-chucker kin doo.

33 minutes ago, Grusa said:

Sorry to have offended you, not intended

Sure it was, though you were careful to include a caveat you could draw if push came to shove. It doesn't matter, you won't lose any sleep and neither shall I.

But you don't understand - well, perhaps a little bit but no more than that. You think you do but you don't. I am not offendable. Water off a ducks back. I don't take offense when people express a view, there's room for all.

Walk away; never look back, this too shall pass. Advice frequently given to my patients.

Archived