Italian passport: Burmese visa needed for Mae Sai border run

With my Italian passport, do I need a Burmese visa for a visa-exempt border run in Mae Sai? If so, how much will it cost?

I shall arrive in Thailand visa-exempt on 18 January for a stay of 52 days (until 11 March), be in Chiang Rai 12-14 February and plan a border run to Tachilek in Burma for some shopping on 13 February to get a new 30-day permission to stay upon my return to Thailand.

Thank you, Ubonjoe.

As an alternative, in case I don't go to Tachilek, I might apply for an extension of stay at the Ching Rai immigration office.

1. I found the application form on the immigration website but see that I cannot fill it in with Adobe Acrobat X Pro. Is there a fillable form in PDF or Word format available?
  2. In how many copies must the application be submitted?
  3. Is the immigration office still located at this place shown on Google Maps?
  4. Should I expect any complications at this immigration office?

Tachilek used to ask for the 20k. I remember umpteen years back they asked every time for me until I stopped doing the run and sorted out a normal O-A. Not sure on the air tick, but I would think they are hungry for some sort of a tip. All in al it used to be fun to go do that.

13 hours ago, Puccini said:

Is the immigration office still located at this place shown on Google Maps?

At least their website and FB page show unchanged street address which matches the Google map pin.

All in Thai language only.

http://chiangrai.immigration.go.th/service.html

https://www.facebook.com/chiangrai.immigration/

They moved there 2014, neat and modern building.

Edited by KhunBENQ

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't want to apply for an extension of stay at the Bangkok immigration office because my wife, at whose condo I am staying, refused to do the notification of my arrival, which I thought was necessary. In the end I took the chance and went on Tuesday of this week. No question about the TM.30, in and out within one hour. This was my first time to do an extension.