Ministry of Interior launches waste separation campaign

rooster59

Ministry of Interior launches waste separation campaign

Praphorn Praphornkul

733cef74c44fa1547ff8d114ab531d6a_small.jpg

BANGKOK, 10th January 2019 (NNT) – The Ministry of Interior has kicked off a waste separation campaign nationwide on January 9th, 2019.

The Permanent Secretary for Interior, Chatchai Promlert, said the Interior Minister, Gen. Anupong Paojinda, has placed an importance on waste management, especially on the implementation of the waste separation campaign.

The Interior Minister has instructed provincial and local administrative organizations to encourage the public to get rid of waste through the methods of reduce, reuse, and recycle.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2019-01-12

50 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

BANGKOK, 10th January 2019 (NNT) – The Ministry of Interior has kicked off a waste separation campaign nationwide on January 9th, 2019.

better late than never, most European countries have had this system for 20 years.

I've been seeing those bins for a week now but they are far too complicated for the Thai brains.

They just dump whole plastic bags full of garbage in any of them, without seeing what they are for....

And i miss the one for old batteries/oil/chemicals.....

30 minutes ago, fruitman said:

I've been seeing those bins for a week now but they are far too complicated for the Thai brains.

They just dump whole plastic bags full of garbage in any of them, without seeing what they are for....

And i miss the one for old batteries/oil/chemicals.....

Whereabouts have you seen them?

Is this in Bangkok or elsewhere? I'm sceptical when the government say 'nationwide'.

38 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Whereabouts have you seen them?

Is this in Bangkok or elsewhere? I'm sceptical when the government say 'nationwide'.

They are in the moobaan here in BKK...At the lake and at the 711...but they just throw whole bags of trash in them..you thought a Thai would separate it? Think again...

I thought our village with catching up on separating waste when the poo yai told everyone that there was a new system and to come and pick up the bins.

But not so, we got an ordinary bin with the bottom cut out to put in the ground for vegetable waste. Maybe a start.

2 minutes ago, GreasyFingers said:

I thought our village with catching up on separating waste when the poo yai told everyone that there was a new system and to come and pick up the bins.

But not so, we got an ordinary bin with the bottom cut out to put in the ground for vegetable waste. Maybe a start.

Err, not sure if that's your humour - I like it - or did you mean it seriously. They're cutting bins apart to use as a composter?

Archived