TRUE VISION

eljuwa

I am a True Vision customer since January 2010. Starting in Bangkok. Now in Chiang Mai. I have 2 boxes and I pay 2,700 baht monthly. Platinum membership

About 2 years ago, True Vision dropped HBO. On 1 January 2019, True vision dropped TCM and ACM. I became a Platinum subscriber mostly due to the presence of TCM and HBO. Even with the reduction of the aforementioned channels and the addition of fairly useless channels, True Vision continued to charge this high monthly rate.

My questions to the valued Thai Visa members are..

(1) Does True Vision have a monopoly on the cable TV market. Do they have any competition, whatsover. 

(2) Am I correct in concluding that I have to find a streaming company in order to get all the channels I want..

(3) I wish to know what provider/service are my fellow members getting in watching TV

Thank you very much

James

am with you on that one, I do think they have a monopoly at least for foreigners, the other disk service suppliers are oriented towards Thai speaking people. Currently  I have a ''black" platinum service for a cheap fee but the guy providing it sometimes forgets to turn on, he just told me this was last time, after May can not do it because True changed something, my Thia not that good to understand the technical explanation, thus have to find a solution, mostly for football. Have to reactivate my True box for that 2,800 baht month unless find another option.

Was wondering if there is a way to bypass their service, while in the USA had a local guy providing me with monthly EPRON codes to activate my service, maybe here there's such type of service???? I know they call it ""cheating"" but we all cheat a little bit, any suggestions are welcome, any sarcastic comments and or slander keep for yourselves

3 hours ago, ZeVonderBearz said:

Internet connection, YouTube, football streams and torrents? Or buy an Android box with Kodi preinstalled. Alternatively, find one of them pirate dvd stalls and just buy the boxsets of what series you want to watch. Cable/satellite is a false economy. 

thks for the suggestions but internet connection is unstable in the building, can you please explain the android kodi system, not heard of it

I like the comments from Mavideol and ZeVonderBearz.

To Mavideol...there are ways to "cheat" in this connection. I will avoid any further discussion on this aspect.

ZeVondrBearz...true words..

Thanks to both

I have the basic True Visions and internet ( 50 down 20 up ) for 799 baht ( 854 plus tax ).
Keeps her indoors happy with soaps, some distinctly average movies and all the singing shows you can throw a stick at !!
Me ?, I download or stream what I want off the net .

Unless you’re big into sports and want to see, football, soccer or boxing etc as it happens I don’t see the need to shell out for cable tv.

7 hours ago, elektrified said:

2700 per month is insane.

We have Android boxes and can watch every channel we wish. Paid about 2,000 Baht for them.

Hello elektrified

Where can I buy Android boxes in Chiang Mai

You don't need an android box,if your pc and tv can connect with an HDMI cable,

I have an Android box,but I find using my PC it's easier and better to view streaming

services.for free.

I have not used TRUE for years,yes it's a rip off,they remove channels without warning

they must be feeling competition,from the Internet,Netflixs,Iflix,Bein sports,free movie

streaming sites,good, they never returned my deposit.!

regards worgeordie

5 hours ago, eljuwa said:

Hello elektrified

Where can I buy Android boxes in Chiang Mai

We bought our boxes from a company my wife found on facebook, but I believe they sell them in shops all over and you can also buy them on Lazada. Ours is an "Iron Box" just like this one on Lazada. Never had a single problem with it.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/android-smart-tv-box-2018-magicsee-iron-plus-3gb32gb-s912-octa-core-712-hdmi-2-i130647884-s138701148.html

3 hours ago, elektrified said:

We bought our boxes from a company my wife found on facebook, but I believe they sell them in shops all over and you can also buy them on Lazada. Ours is an "Iron Box" just like this one on Lazada. Never had a single problem with it.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/android-smart-tv-box-2018-magicsee-iron-plus-3gb32gb-s912-octa-core-712-hdmi-2-i130647884-s138701148.html

Thanks elektrified

17 hours ago, elektrified said:

2700 per month is insane.

We have Android boxes and can watch every channel we wish. Paid about 2,000 Baht for them.

Hello Elektrified, would like to know if with the android boxes I can see all sports channels free, does this box needs to connect to internet or can I connect it to my satellite dish, can you please explain details, thanks in advance

Archived