Want To Be An Artist

Jeffery Stanthorpe

How about you all ?

Been feeling manic so mulling over the idea of a hobbie, seen quite a few artists shops in Pattaya so might take up sketching or something.

Have done a self portrait of myself although I may need to refine my technique, ( See up-loaded sketch and give opinions and tips pls) :o

Is there lIke training classes I can to take, maybe I can make some money from this hobbie and give cash to to the starving kids in Africa or something .

Thanks for your inadvance for your input :D

post-20780-1172135879.jpg

I'm a keen water colourist, it is for me a very relaxing passtime. I've got a great little book at home that I often lend out to people who ask me about getting started in water colouring, as sort of introduction to water colouring technique. I'll dig it out and post the ISBN tomorrow.

It's a very good likeness.

What is it?

its a self portrait ! basically what that is, in artist circles, is when you make a drawing of yourself :o i have gone for the charcol effect

It shows great potential

What is it?

its a self portrait ! basically what that is, in artist circles, is when you make a drawing of yourself :o i have gone for the charcol effect

Its great, Jeff! You have real autistic flair. :D

How much would you charge to do my portrait? I'd like to be stood in front of my house with curly smoke coming out of the chimney; a big happy sun shining, and my big dog "Spot" on a short leash with me.

By Kmart. age 41-3/4. :D

What is it?

its a self portrait ! basically what that is, in artist circles, is when you make a drawing of yourself :D i have gone for the charcol effect

It shows great potential

thanks for your input :o although i can see room for improvement in certain aspects of the work, hence the posting :D

It can sometimes be difficult to improve on greatness

I can make more sense out of Leonard Cohen's Lyrics than most of the posters on Thai-visa :D

OK what does this mean then? :o

Well I lived with a child of snow

when I was a soldier,

and I fought every man for her

until the nights grew colder.

because I aint got a clue

I can make more sense out of Leonard Cohen's Lyrics than most of the posters on Thai-visa :o

we artists are different and sometime misunderstood, it can be lonely :D

Did the loneliness drive you to chop off your ear?

Is the mobile phone stuck to your head a cosmetic attempt to cover this up :D ?

I can make more sense out of Leonard Cohen's Lyrics than most of the posters on Thai-visa :D

when I was a soldier,

:D oh thats easy to understand, c'mon, get a grip man.

when I was a soldier,

He means that he left when the girl became cold towards him. Great poet.

I can make more sense out of Leonard Cohen's Lyrics than most of the posters on Thai-visa :o

Van Gogh chopped off his ear. Then he shot himself, which is a shame because his paintings of flowers now sell for millions. Hope Jeffrey has better timing than that. :D

What is it?

its a self portrait ! basically what that is, in artist circles, is when you make a drawing of yourself :D i have gone for the charcol effect

It shows great potential

thanks for your input :o although i can see room for improvement in certain aspects of the work, hence the posting :D

Seeing one piece of work does not give someone enough to be able to advise you. To really be able to give advice I must first know what you are trying to accomplish with your work....it can be hard to come up with a statement about what you're trying to do because sometimes the artist is not fully aware of what it is they are trying to accomplish....so....I think it would be good if you could talk a bit about the "room for improvement in certain aspects" that you see in your work....then perhaps it will be clearer to you and me what it is you are wanting to accomplish and then perhaps I could give you a different point of view that might help in some way....or maybe not.

Chownah

Van Gogh chopped off his ear. Then he shot himself, which is a shame because his paintings of flowers now sell for millions. Hope Jeffrey has better timing than that. :D

right, like keeping it simple and just shooting himself? :D

How about you all ?

Been feeling manic so mulling over the idea of a hobbie, seen quite a few artists shops in Pattaya so might take up sketching or something.

Have done a self portrait of myself although I may need to refine my technique, ( See up-loaded sketch and give opinions and tips pls) :o

Is there lIke training classes I can to take, maybe I can make some money from this hobbie and give cash to to the starving kids in Africa or something .

Are you for real ?

The artists signature at the bottom doesn't look like Jeff.... Sta... to me.

How about you all ?

Are you for real ?

The artists signature at the bottom doesn't look like Jeff.... Sta... to me.

Art disease is caused by hardening of the categories.

when I was a soldier,

He means that he left when the girl became cold towards him. Great poet.

Second to none for sure, his concerts were magic, surrounded himself with ‘proper’ musicians and singers.

Happy days.

No apology for hijacking this thread.

Back to the OP and I think that there is potential as a cartoonist which is can be lucrative but if I were you I would refrain from filling half the page with your signature as this should be as subtle as possible given that you are not yet internationally famous.

What is it?

It shows great potential

Seeing one piece of work does not give someone enough to be able to advise you. To really be able to give advice I must first know what you are trying to accomplish with your work....it can be hard to come up with a statement about what you're trying to do because sometimes the artist is not fully aware of what it is they are trying to accomplish....so....I think it would be good if you could talk a bit about the "room for improvement in certain aspects" that you see in your work....then perhaps it will be clearer to you and me what it is you are wanting to accomplish and then perhaps I could give you a different point of view that might help in some way....or maybe not.

Chownah

Thanks, I have attached one more of my works fro your appraisel :D

Instead of the more technical aspects of my previous charcoal self portrait I have attempted a more emotional theme of abstract representation of the inner turmoil within the artist.

I think the work speaks for itself.

thanks for your input everyone :D

post-20780-1172214200.jpg

I think the work speaks for itself.

thanks for your input everyone :o

post-20780-1172214200.jpg

Indeed it does. I think there is scope for some sort of Thaivisa artfund slash forex slash muay thai academy slash consulting slash fund business.

With your art

And Topfield's forex strategies

And Harmonix oil pricing plans

And Guy22's education and funding

And project management by the person who wants to take trolleys up and down escalators

Well...we could really be onto something :-)

Seriously, don't do art for the money. Do it for the smile on your face.

I did art for the money. I sold out. I may never forgive myself. It is a tough life on soi struggle. I was a poet:

I wish that topfield

Was able to tell me that

the dollar is up