23 Filipino tourists escape serious injury in Bangkok – Phuket bus accident in Chumphon

webfact

23 Filipino tourists escape serious injury in Bangkok – Phuket bus accident in Chumphon

By The Thaiger

49896908_2415927748437122_48170845228918

PHOTOS: หน่วยกู้ภัยมูลนิธิชุมพร //บางหมาก 02

23 Filipino tourists have escaped serious injury in a tour bus crash in Chumphon early this morning. The bus was travelling from Bangkok to Phuket.

Chumphon rescue workers were notified of the incident on Phetkasem Road, southbound, at 4.30am this morning.

Rescue workers arrived at the scene to find the Bangkok – Phuket tour bus in a ditch off the road.

Source: https://thethaiger.com/news/south/23-filipino-tourists-escape-serious-injury-in-bangkok-phuket-bus-accident-in-chumphon

thtthaiger.png
-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2019-01-14

11 minutes ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Those death traps. Whenever i hear someone planing to travel by tour bus i'll strongly advise them not to. Why not fly instead, it's cheap.

Agreed. I recall my first trip from Bangkok to Phuket, by bus, around 1982 and having some roller coaster like experiences during the night time trip. Never again. Only ever flown on future trips to/from Phuket. 

1 hour ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Those death traps. Whenever i hear someone planing to travel by tour bus i'll strongly advise them not to. Why not fly instead, it's cheap.

At some point flying will also be as dangerous here, once the planes need a large scale service or pilot standards are lowered

19 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Bus is cheaper, usually 1/3 of the flight price.

(I've got a 20 hour bus trip tonight)

19 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Bus is cheaper, usually 1/3 of the flight price.

(I've got a 20 hour bus trip tonight)

Hope you got your life insurance paid up, and have a current will.  Might also pay to sit behind the driver so you can bash him on the head when he dozes off, although when he crashed you up front and get killed first. 

As far as I’m concerned, It is indeed very risky to travel in Thailand whether by road ( Needless to say, the bus ticket is cheaper than the plane ticket ) By sea and air considering that kids are flying planes and how about preventive maintenance ? In this occasion, it’s because of those damn breaks which never seem to work do they ?! 

They’re hopeless or just completely useless at everything the put their hands on, probably both ????????‍♂️

17 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

When NokAir go megalomaniac and orders Airbus a380 to fly BKK-Phuket

Not as crazy as you might think. Emirates uses an A380 for some Dubai-Kuwait flights (1hr 55 mins) so doing the same for Phuket (1 hr 25 mins) not so outlandish. But only in Phuket set up for the A380.

Archived