Stepfather in spirit-house death confesses to badly beating 2-year-old boy

webfact

Stepfather in spirit-house death confesses to badly beating 2-year-old boy

By Kornkamon Aksorndech 
The Nation

e61485ad52801511e27eec605ec19e42.jpeg

A 21-year-old Thai man has allegedly confessed to fatally assaulting his two-year-old stepson in Bangkok’s Bang Khen district on Sunday, claiming he was angry the toddler had refused to eat or take a bath, police say.

Suspect Woranart Thanommanut is said to have confessed, revising his initial testimony to police in which he said the toddler had been pushing a spirit house at an abandoned playground next to Thai Niyom Songkhro School on Paholyothin Road in Anusawaree sub-district on Sunday afternoon when the spirit house fell on the boy. 

After being interrogated all night at the Bang Khen precinct, furniture shop worker Woranart reportedly admitted that he fatally assaulted the boy, said Bang Khen superintendent Pol Colonel Amnart Inthasuan.

Woranart reportedly confessed to have fatally attacked the toddler, who at first refused to eat what the stepfather was feeding him, by violently hitting the boy in the chest multiple times until the child agreed to eat, Amnart said. 

The suspect also claimed the boy refused to take a bath and so he again beat the toddler multiple times before bathing him, police said. The boy became unresponsive after the bath, so Woranart carried him to his mother, who works at a convenience store, and she rushed the toddler to a hospital, police said. At that time Woranart, who did not think the boy would die, claimed he had been injured by a spirit house falling on him. Under interrogation, he shifted his story to claiming the boy fell down a staircase, said police.

Amnart said a doctor pronouncing the boy’s death cited that he had sustained multiple assault wounds and his broken rib bone had punctuated a lung.

Woranart was charged with deadly assault, and police objected to his bail release when they on Monday brought him to apply for a criminal court’s first 12-day detention order.

Woranart said he was sorry, as he didn’t mean to hurt the boy but had merely wanted the toddler to eat and to bathe.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30362209

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-01-14

1 hour ago, webfact said:

claiming he was angry the toddler had refused to eat or take a bath

Very sad for the poor little boy to be beaten to death by the person supposed to be taking care of him.

Anger management, as many of us have witnessed first hand, is not a trait Thais are renowned for. I don't claim to know why this is so, or have the solution to the problem. Stories such as this though are horribly too frequent, and sadly likely to continue.

RIP Little Fella! The scum that did this to you is going to get what is coming to him.

on a related subject:  some months back, there was a similar article, which showed an adult thai male kicking a toddler to the ground, then picking him up and slinging him around violently, all of which resulted in the little guy's death.  it was all recorded on cctv, and looked to be in a basement or something like that.   does anybody know what was the outcome of this incident?   was the POS ever brought to any sort of justice? 

Thai press does a terrible job of follow-up of what the verdict/ punishment is...

it might be done intentional given how lenient sentences are in LOS to save face...

all I need to know is the bus driver who recently killed 28 people was given 4 years!

it was in stark contrast to the day that in the usa, a serial cat killer was given 21 years - one year for each neighborhood cat he killed!

we are talking about a very simple primitive legal system permeated with corruption...

18 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

execute him.

next case.

Hopefully no next case! Stupid!

Life sentence is harder than execution.

And go back to the rutes of such inhuman behaviour. Education at home and in school needs a big improvement to avoid such horrible cases.

37 minutes ago, hhinhh said:

Hopefully no next case! Stupid!

Life sentence is harder than execution.

And go back to the rutes of such inhuman behaviour. Education at home and in school needs a big improvement to avoid such horrible cases.

Cry me a river.. Do you think a 'normal' person needs education to not beat the living shit out of a 2 year old?

Execution is the way to do it. Good genes in, bad genes out.

Living beings resent offspring not their own....it becomes an obstacle to more copulation which is driving them...he is genetically programmed to eliminate competition...

enter Thai society....why you think poor Thai women look for gullible farangs to take in their offspring or at the very least deposit them with their grandparents? 

Me Tarzan you Jane predominates in primitive, lowly-educated, raw societies and cultures...

19 hours ago, Henrik Andersen said:

Life in prison for this pure low life of a scumbag 

beating up a 2 year old boy is just so discusthing I hope he will get beaten up in prison 

RIP little boy 

Back room & an injection is fine with me!

2 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

I'm sure like most parents I've got angry with my kids, shouted at them, etc, but actualy punching them hard enough to break their ribs s a a whole new level. We can but hope this scumbag gets what he deserves somewhere along the line

This is not the child's father. It's the mother's boyfriend. I wish people would stop using the term stepfather. Retroactive cuckold would be more appropriate. 

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:
20 hours ago, Henrik Andersen said:

Life in prison for this pure low life of a scumbag 

beating up a 2 year old boy is just so discusthing I hope he will get beaten up in prison 

RIP little boy 

Back room & an injection is fine with me!

I don't believe in death penalty this to easy 

Life in prison is more hard without parole 

Archived