Toyota Revo LED lights & electronic adjustment

My German friend and myself have been researching methods to improve the lighting on our 2018 Toyota Revo Pickups, on visiting a recommended car accessory shop in Chiangmai we were informed that the headlight is already a LED unit with LED daytime running lights but the “Main Beam / High Beam” and “Fog” lights are yellow halogen bulbs and these can easily be replaced with white LED units and then came the surprise; did we want the wiring loom fitted to the headlight unit to use the electronically adjustable headlights.

Apparently all Toyota Revo Pickups with the LED headlight unit fitted already have the electronic adjustment motors and gearing fitted but as it is NOT a legal requirement in Thailand for a commercial vehicle to have adjustable headlights Toyota DO NOT fit the wiring loom or switch system . . . Strange but true.

I now have fully adjustable white LED lighting on my vehicle and it makes such a difference. . . . . .  

Our 2018 Revo [love it] has manually operated Hi/Lo beams and I'm OK with that.

My problem is that the headlights don't seem bright enough. Maybe they have the yellow halogen bulbs and a switch to the white LED units would improve the nighttime visibility.

Thanks for opening this topic because it would be of interest to most Revo owners.

16 hours ago, JingerBen said:

Our 2018 Revo [love it] has manually operated Hi/Lo beams and I'm OK with that.

My problem is that the headlights don't seem bright enough. Maybe they have the yellow halogen bulbs and a switch to the white LED units would improve the nighttime visibility.

Thanks for opening this topic because it would be of interest to most Revo owners.

The High to Low beam is always a manual operation, the electronic adjustment I am highlighting is for the adjustment to the low beam / normal driving lights when you are carrying loads, 100Kgs in your load area will raise your visual light pattern, there is a wiring loom available to make use of the already fitted adjustment motors in the headlight units.

I would recommend changing the “Yellow” halogen high beam and fog light bulbs to “White” LED units, the difference amazing. 

34 minutes ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

The High to Low beam is always a manual operation, the electronic adjustment I am highlighting is for the adjustment to the low beam / normal driving lights when you are carrying loads, 100Kgs in your load area will raise your visual light pattern, there is a wiring loom available to make use of the already fitted adjustment motors in the headlight units.

I would recommend changing the “Yellow” halogen high beam and fog light bulbs to “White” LED units, the difference amazing. 

Thanks for clarifying that.

Now I know.

26 minutes ago, HAKAPALITA said:

LEDs , are they 400$ a unit over here.?.

Set of white LED P4 “Hight” beam units 1800 Thai Baht supplied and fitted. 6300 LMS 

Wiring loom and switch for electronically operated LED headlight unit 1400 Thai Baht supplied and fitted.

Set of white LED Fog light units 1800 Thai Baht supplied and fitted.

I also had the Toyota fitted horns “97dB” replaced with “Hella” units to the legal max of 110dB 600 Thai Baht supplied and fitted