Video: "So what?": Remarkable conversation as huge truck goes the wrong way

webfact

I seen this happening many years ago while having a break at a petrol station on a trip to Bangkok. 

The truck came down the wrong side of the road and pulled into the petrol station obviously after missing the turn.

When he "jumped" out i seen he actually had no legs and had previously thrown out his wheel chair.

It was a modified truck.

After seen him driving i can only imagine how he lost his legs.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AH lovely THailand on the road. ANything is possible.

LAst month i had a car driving in the dark (no lighted road) without lights and even no reflectors on his car.

I noticed him as he was changing lanes from left to right (again no lights) as a shimmer in the dark. My heart was pounding like hell after i happily could avoid the collision. Yeah Thai ways.

5 hours ago, neeray said:

"never see police there"

And that is exactly why the carnage is what it is on Thai roads. Until the Thai police get off their butts and provide proactive, "on the roads policing", nothing will change.

The Government needs to provide the individual police stations with sufficient budget and vehicles to do that first, something that it does not currently do.  Until that happens nothing will change.

6 minutes ago, MaksimMislavsky said:

Especially as the truck did bother to reverse for a meaningful chat... ????

Couldn't it be staged scrambling for FB fame? Or maybe I think too much...

What a bloody crazy comment, staged for FB, bloody hell man, i am paraplegic due to a clown doing exactly the same.????????????

But did you die? Big work trucks, unlike commuter vehicles must sometimes drive in ways that are “illegal”, not because they want to but because that’s what needs to be done to get the job done. Driving up curbs, bumping into poles, snagging low hanging wires or trees and yes even driving the wrong way are all the things that might happen in a days work. It’s a tough thankless job and like it or not, those rouge trucks keep the food on your table, the roof over your head and the toilets flushing among many other things that benefit us. So what? 

7 hours ago, metisdead said:

Now that it is on social media, hopefully the police will find him and pile a big fine on him. 

Truck drivers pay a so called hassle free ride fee at the police check points every night to prevent any check of the goods nor the weight so he might believe this maneuver is included...:whistling:

the fringe benefit of beeping the truck...

is that the car driver succeeded in the truck wasting a few of his own precious minutes...

almost negating the time the truckie thought he'd saved by not taking the correct route! :clap2:

Wonder who’ll get in the most trouble, the truckie or happy Tom with his tomyung gunja?

my neighbor does a similar thing driving into my street and parking on the wrong side of the street. Nearly hit him several times but his response is it’s his house he can park where and how he likes. Russian or Eastern European and Thai wife does the same, she got upset when I drove head on towards her deviating to the wrong side of the road late to let her pass!!!

3 hours ago, Happyfarangguy said:

But did you die? Big work trucks, unlike commuter vehicles must sometimes drive in ways that are “illegal”, not because they want to but because that’s what needs to be done to get the job done. Driving up curbs, bumping into poles, snagging low hanging wires or trees and yes even driving the wrong way are all the things that might happen in a days work. It’s a tough thankless job and like it or not, those rouge trucks keep the food on your table, the roof over your head and the toilets flushing among many other things that benefit us. So what? 

Sadly I don’t think this guy is even joking.....you can find him outside a 7/11 somewhere drinking beer and holding court in his shorts and singa singlet.

We get to hear / see of so many issues on Thai roads varying from this to the no helmet met situation but there is very rarely any follow-up reporting;

While the "official" social media (i.e. Thaivisa, Bangkok Post. The Nation) reporting outlets of Thailand fail it follow-up such matters, the police and judiciary will never raise its reputation above gutter level.

Archived