Video: "So what?": Remarkable conversation as huge truck goes the wrong way

webfact

Video: "So what?": Remarkable conversation as huge truck goes the wrong way

6pm.jpg

Dash cam footage from a vehicle stopped on the hard shoulder in Saraburi showed a large truck go the wrong way down a busy road. 

But as crazy as this was a subsequent conversation beggared belief. 

Sompong, the driver of the car, hoots the driver of the truck that then backs up 200-300 meters to confront him.

As Sompong winds down his window the conversation goes like this:

Trucker: What's your problem?

Sompong: It's dangerous driving - you're going the wrong way.

Trucker: So what?

Sompong: You're breaking the law that's what - how on earth can you do that?

The trucker then drives off continuing the wrong way. 

The incident happened on Monday outside the TOT company, reported Thai Rath. 

The video was posted on the Facebook page of "Sompong Green Power". The truck passing is at 1.10 on the video and his return is at 1.50. 

Source: Thai Rath

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-01-16

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yesterday in Singapore i walked on the sidewalk (full of trash bins) and there came a cyclist against traffic while another cyclist passed me in the right way.

The one going the right way spread his arms to block the wrong one and shaked his head to let him know he was doing very wrong. 

But i also saw several cyclists and motocycles driving on the sidewalk...i bet there's a huge fine for that in Singapore (which won't stop them doing it).

17 minutes ago, fruitman said:

Yesterday in Singapore i walked on the sidewalk (full of trash bins) and there came a cyclist against traffic while another cyclist passed me in the right way.

The one going the right way spread his arms to block the wrong one and shaked his head to let him know he was doing very wrong. 

But i also saw several cyclists and motocycles driving on the sidewalk...i bet there's a huge fine for that in Singapore (which won't stop them doing it).

Lots of Thais living in Singapore.

39 minutes ago, metisdead said:

Now that it is on social media, hopefully the police will find him and pile a big fine on him. 

Yes, but not until there's a few thousand likes on FB.

I see in the photo the truck's number plate is very clear, although too small to read the province name - so there's no more than 76 vehicles going to have that registration.

14 minutes ago, norfolkc said:

That stretch of road through Saraburi is a free for all anything go's on it never see police there the traffic into those cement plants go any where they want 

"never see police there"

And that is exactly why the carnage is what it is on Thai roads. Until the Thai police get off their butts and provide proactive, "on the roads policing", nothing will change.

They are literally some of the most uneducated and ignorant people on the planet and they are operating moter vehicles. What could possibly go wrong?

Kudos to the handful of responsible drivers out there and those who film these driving donkeys. The brave person filming was lucky the truck driver didn’t try to smash into him or attack him. Anyone who drives like that here is bound to have a fragile ego that he’s willing to kill for.

33 minutes ago, dcnx said:

They are literally some of the most uneducated and ignorant people on the planet and they are operating moter vehicles. What could possibly go wrong?

Kudos to the handful of responsible drivers out there and those who film these driving donkeys. The brave person filming was lucky the truck driver didn’t try to smash into him or attack him. Anyone who drives like that here is bound to have a fragile ego that he’s willing to kill for.

Yes you are so right.People who drive like idiots usually are idiots and a lot of those carry guns to protect them from people who oppose them.A little strange but it is what it is.Can't loose face.

2 hours ago, fruitman said:

Actually in Singapore, you are allowed to cycle on the pathways downtown. I have done it. Provided you behave accordingly and avoid people and cycle slowly. No motorbikes allowed on pathways though.

S he is driving the wrong way down a busy road. Then stops and reverses all the way back to confront the driver for sounding his horn.

Then carries on driving the wrong way down a busy road.

What a harris hole.

3 hours ago, fruitman said:

Cane them

Where is the police? I mean they don't need to look for the driver. They need to be patrolling the roads, don't tell me there isn't enough petrol or government cant cover that? I see all those nice Honda Accords, Camry's even BMW 3 series that are never used for patrolling. 

3 hours ago, colinneil said:

Unbelievable a bloody big truck doing such a thing, what the hell is wrong with idiots like that who think it is acceptable. 

Lets hope pc  plod gets their act together and find the moron.

Obviously wrong, stupid and very dangerous.

I do wonder how many folks have the mindset (wrong, stupid and dangerous) that many Thais ignore laws and morals and steal hundreds millions of Baht from the common wealth of all Thais, so why should I follow any rules?

motorist jumping red lights and driving the wrong way are incredibly dangerous stunts and so could be levied huge fines. 50000baht and upwards(fines like that would soon put a stop to it) The bib are so useless it beggars belief, there is absolutely no hope for this place.

3 hours ago, colinneil said:

Unbelievable a bloody big truck doing such a thing, what the hell is wrong with idiots like that who think it is acceptable. 

Lets hope pc  plod gets their act together and find the moron.

C'mon Colin have mercy, he just forgot to paint his thumb fingernails (red and green) to remember this damn left and right thing.

Archived