Us Television Via Slingbox Available

StrongView

Don't keep us in suspense........

HOW??

I suspect you're about the only one in suspense. :o

Sharing a legal service like Cable via Slingbox for renumeration sounds a bit dodgy too. :D

See "Fair Use".

The service in the UK is free ...thats why its called Freeview !!

Always glad to be of service. Sorry to have kicked you off prematurely. If anyone out there is interested in watching US television in Thailand (or anywhere you go in the world with a 256kbps or higher connection - airports / hotels), send me a PM and I'll let you check it out for 24 hours no charge.

forgot me?

HOW??

Sharing a legal service like Cable via Slingbox for renumeration sounds a bit dodgy too. :D

See "Fair Use".

Completely clueless on what you're babbling on about; this thread is about U.S. televison and accessing/viewing programs here in Thailand?

With this Slingbox contraption do you have to watch the shows live, i.e. 9 AM here on say a Tuesday, for a Monday 9 PM show? Can you stop/start viewing?

I am pretty much up to date on Heroes (S01E17; Season 1, Episode 17 aired Feb 26), Numb3rs, House M.D. (on a bit of a hiatus), Rome, Grey's Anatomy, My Name is Earl, 30 Rock, Studio 60 (on life support?), Scrubs, Shark, The Wire. Heroes is one of the best shows I've seen, so far. Loved the cameo by Stan Lee last week (think X-Men).

Anxiously awaiting the return of 'Entourage'.

I sometimes miss the commercials; never thought I'd say that.

"I sometimes miss the commercials; never thought I'd say that."

Strange you would say that, I really started to enjoy Heroes but stopped watching it because of the commercial break very 5 minutes - totally ruins the atmosphere and you end up kind of forgetting what just happened. I will wait till its out on DVD and then watch it.

HOW??

See "Fair Use".

Completely clueless on what you're babbling on about; this thread is about U.S. televison and accessing/viewing programs here in Thailand?

With this Slingbox contraption do you have to watch the shows live, i.e. 9 AM here on say a Tuesday, for a Monday 9 PM show? Can you stop/start viewing?

I am pretty much up to date on Heroes (S01E17; Season 1, Episode 17 aired Feb 26), Numb3rs, House M.D. (on a bit of a hiatus), Rome, Grey's Anatomy, My Name is Earl, 30 Rock, Studio 60 (on life support?), Scrubs, Shark, The Wire. Heroes is one of the best shows I've seen, so far. Loved the cameo by Stan Lee last week (think X-Men).

Anxiously awaiting the return of 'Entourage'.

I sometimes miss the commercials; never thought I'd say that.

I tried the demo of the slingbox and it had TIVO built in so you can watch things when you want. You do however have to plan ahead and record the show.

since the subject is about getting TV programs from both UK and the USA now I would like to ask a question does any one know which C band system here will get you USA programming I don't care if I have to pay to watch as long as I can recieve them I had a C band system in USA it was nice I paid for programing I watched not a bunch of programs I was not interested in and I really don't want HBO or Cinemax I am looking for shows like A&E history channel CNN from USA MSNBC TNT there is a company here in Udon Thani called PSI but I can not get any info since no one speaks Eng. and there web site is in thai only unless I am missing some thing thank you for all the info Ronnie

I can't imagine the quality of a slingbox being too good? Am I right?

I tried Strongview's Slingbox for awhile and I was pretty amazed at the quality of the video. I was watching on a fast cable box connection from the U.S. so it that may have had a lot to do with it. I also tried viewing it on a pocket pc phone but had no luck making a connection.