My first Vientiane visa run

It has finally come time to visit Vientiane to get my ED visa.

Couple quick questions for the veterans:

1. Do I need to get the application form and pictures done before I get in line at the consulate, or can I walk in with nothing and get it all done inside?

2. A poster mentioned a way to skip the line here: https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1024786-visa-in-vientiane-how-to-get-it-early/?do=findComment&comment=12707179

Does anyone have any more information, where exactly this service is offered?

Thank to all in advance

You can fill out the form on arrival at the embassy. As stated above, many prefer to do it in advance. I have always done it while in the queue to have your application checked, but it is a question of what you find easiest.

There is no reliable method of jumping the queue when applying for a tourist visa. There have sometimes been ways in the past. For an education visa, the application is made in a separate queue which is usually not so busy.

Edited by BritTim

You can fill it out in line, but it's pretty stressful and you might have to go to the back of the line if you aren't finished when it's your turn. Just download, print and fill out the form in advance, as well as getting copies of your passport and such. Then you just need to get your Lao visa copied at the shop outside the embassy, and you're good to go.

No way to skip the line anymore as far as I'm aware, and there's not really any point, since they are pretty damn fast about handing out the passports nowadays.