Safe place to print

geisha

Hi, can anyone tell me where I can print a bank statement in Pattaya/ Jomtien ? I know there are Internet cafes everywhere , and that they’re dangerous to use for things like banking. Any help,appreciated, it may be needed for my Thanks. Ps, I have an iPad. 

If you don't trust the internet cafes to print, you could save what you want to print to a USB thumb drive then take the thumb drive to any Kodak shop and get it printed there and stand and watch them when they print.

Hi, I need the statement for a visa prouving funds. I’ve been told many times, and seen on the Internet, that after using a computer and printing out , for example, a bank statement,  someone could use that computer and hack your bank details and codes/passwords  ? 

Is that true, or not ? I don’t want my account emptied. 

Thanks.

5 minutes ago, geisha said:

Hi, I need the statement for a visa prouving funds. I’ve been told many times, and seen on the Internet, that after using a computer and printing out , for example, a bank statement,  someone could use that computer and hack your bank details and codes/passwords  ? 

Thanks.

Only if your stupid, and say yes to storing your passwords there.  

4 hours ago, bbko said:

If you don't trust the internet cafes to print, you could save what you want to print to a USB thumb drive then take the thumb drive to any Kodak shop and get it printed there and stand and watch them when they print. 

Exactly that.

Best save the statement in PDF format.

E.g. use the print function from your browser and print to a "PDF Printer" (plenty of free SW available).

No need to do it online at the shop.

7 hours ago, geisha said:

that after using a computer and printing out , for example, a bank statement,  someone could use that computer and hack your bank details and codes/passwords  

Has nothing to do with the printing of a statement. If you use an internet cafe to access any password protected accounts than theoretically the pc could have some sort of key logging software on it.

What do you use to access your accounts normally?

As was said above just copy as PDF to a thumb drive and give that to person to print - no need for computer and any access by 3rd party.  Any computer/printer will be able to print from USB thumb drive.  If you do not have they are cheap to buy as you only need the smallest.  

9 hours ago, robblok said:

Only if your stupid, and say yes to storing your passwords there.  

If anyone using a network that's been hacked with a keystroke logging program it doesn't matter if you say yes or no to storing your passwords, the keystroke program will copy all your keystrokes on the first go. 

Don't you have a smartphone. Either way use the app or access via a vpn, and Wi-Fi then as PDF file to USB or Bluetooth and get it done.

If anyone using a network that's been hacked with a keystroke logging program it doesn't matter if you say yes or no to storing your passwords, the keystroke program will copy all your keystrokes on the first go. 

10 minutes ago, bbko said:

what if your banking pages use a Point and Click? no keystrokes...

946724515_pointandClick.png.f2ce747477ca3c0143cdc2f6811d9509.png

17 minutes ago, bbko said:

Depends a bit on the security of the bank, mine has more then a password. Its has a device called a random reader that scans a picture on the site and then provides an login code. But yes basically if you have a Thai bank (they often don't have those security things) your screwed. 

What others have said, create a pdf on phone or computer and then print it at a shop.

21 minutes ago, tifino said:

what if your banking pages use a Point and Click? no keystrokes...

946724515_pointandClick.png.f2ce747477ca3c0143cdc2f6811d9509.png

On-screen keyboards are better but they are still not 100% safe, there's on-screen keyboard hacking programs that capture screen shots when you click the mouse, thereby seeing what letters, numbers or symbols you've clicked.

The cheapest Brother printer ( does not copy) is only 1999B. Printer/copier is only 3290B, 3990B with wifi.

I like being able to fill in immigration forms at home, print my boarding pass etc...

https://www.invadeit.co.th/product/laser-printers/brother/hl-1110-compact-mono-laser-printer-p015914/

https://www.invadeit.co.th/product/multi-function-printers/brother/dcp-1610w-compact-multifunction-mono-laser-printer-print-scan-copy-wifi-p022919/

from a trusted computer, make the statement into pdf and email it to yourself, then log in to your email at the internet cafe, all you could potentially lose is the email account, not the access to your banking account.

If you've been accessing the bank from the internet cafe without issue so far maybe the risk is low enough to not worry. 

3 minutes ago, marinediscoking said:

The short answer is there is no really safe way to print it out unless you buy your own printer. Every copy machine that prints, prints from memory but most shops here would not know how to retrieve it. 

To print it out is safe using USB drive and any shop knows how to do this.  But be sure to reformat the drive after return and before using again as some shops will put virus on (have had happen).

Topt , thanks. I didn’t mention that I’m on a long stay holiday here and have an iPad.At home it’s no problem. Otherwise I would buy a printer obviously. I once used the Kodak shop in Jomtien to print a ticket and boarding card , and had a max of problems after. Usually I get my partner at home to get my statement from the bank and he emails it to me. He’s on holidays. I’ll be checking in to a good hotel before my visa application so I’ll do it there. Or my condo office , I trust them. It wasn’t the printing part that worried me but the fact that your passwords etc can be stolen after. My bank has super security measures but as many say, that doesn’t stop hackers. Thanks all.

ps, I don’t appreciate being called stupid by some, computers are not my speciality, otherwise I wouldn’t be asking for help. 

On 1/24/2019 at 10:40 AM, geisha said:

Topt , thanks. I didn’t mention that I’m on a long stay holiday here and have an iPad.At home it’s no problem. Otherwise I would buy a printer obviously. I once used the Kodak shop in Jomtien to print a ticket and boarding card , and had a max of problems after. Usually I get my partner at home to get my statement from the bank and he emails it to me. He’s on holidays. I’ll be checking in to a good hotel before my visa application so I’ll do it there. Or my condo office , I trust them. It wasn’t the printing part that worried me but the fact that your passwords etc can be stolen after. My bank has super security measures but as many say, that doesn’t stop hackers. Thanks all.

ps, I don’t appreciate being called stupid by some, computers are not my speciality, otherwise I wouldn’t be asking for help. 

I did not call you stupid, i called people who say yes to save your password on an internet cafe stupid. Before it saves a password it asks you, so I call the people who say yes to that question stupid. Maybe you did not get that as you were not good with computers.

If your bank uses a reader device (small calculator) then your safe also at internet cafe's as without it they cant log in (provided you logged out)

On 1/23/2019 at 9:17 AM, geisha said:

Thanks.

Not true. just arrive on an unregistered motorbike wearing camouflage and dark glasses and walk with a limp.

On 1/24/2019 at 3:40 AM, geisha said:

Don't ignore Digbeth's post. 

Log in via your iPad and create a PDF file from your bank statement. Then send it to yourself in an email. You can even create a separate email account just for that purpose. Sent it to that email account.

Then all you need do is to log into that account at the Internet Cafe. No need to log into your bank account there at all.

It's literally a repeat of what Digbeth wrote, but I am not sure that you understood it.

10 hours ago, JamJar said:

Don't ignore Digbeth's post. 

Log in via your iPad and create a PDF file from your bank statement. Then send it to yourself in an email. You can even create a separate email account just for that purpose. Sent it to that email account.

Then all you need do is to log into that account at the Internet Cafe. No need to log into your bank account there at all.

It's literally a repeat of what Digbeth wrote, but I am not sure that you understood it.

This is what I've done in the past too. Safe and reliable. 

Archived