"Good Buddhist" who confronted fake monk has died

webfact

"Good Buddhist" who confronted fake monk has died

4pm.jpg

The Thai man who was savagely attacked by a monk with a knife in Chinatown has died from his injuries. 

Now it has emerged that the monk was a fake and was confronted by the victim for being a con artist. 

The victim's elder sister has spoken about her brother and praised those who tried to help him. This included a foreigner at the scene of the attack in Yaowarat on Saturday who tried to assist. 

Narin, 30, was left with cuts to the arm that went to the bone and a 20 centimeter gash in his neck. He lost a lot of blood and eventually died in the Police Hospital as prayers were chanted for him. 

His sister "Jom" (an assumed name) said there was no truth to social media speculation that her brother had challenged the monk to a fight to prove his invulnerability. 

She said that her brother was a good Buddhist who frequently made merit. If he saw a monk behaving badly he would do something. 

She said that he knew that "Phra Niwat" was a fraud and he confronted the man who was dressed in a monk's robes. Niwat had been trying to con people out of money in donations and her brother was attacked when he exposed him. 

She said her brother was all but dead at the scene from blood loss despite the help of a Good Samaritan and medics. He died at 1.35 pm Monday in hospital. 

She said that they were expecting him to die and they had promised themselves that no one would cry as Buddhist rites were given to him. But when the moment came their grief was uncontrollable. 

The body was due to be released to relatives for cremation yesterday. 

Maj-Gen Pongnarin Anantachat of the Plapplachai 2 police said that Niwat had been ordered held by the court and has admitted everything. 

He had so far only been charged with attempted murder.

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-01-23

Some Buddhists are just buddhist by default. Not practicing Buddhists. I have come across lots of true Buddhist practitioners who are spiritual and compassionate. I believe one has to posses basic Buddhist philosophy to be a practicing Buddhist. 

6 hours ago, webfact said:

She said that he knew that "Phra Niwat" was a fraud and he confronted the man who was dressed in a monk's robes. Niwat had been trying to con people out of money in donations and her brother was attacked when he exposed him. 

Anytime you meet a monk on the street asking for money the answer is just, "No".  I've seen a few get aggressive and abusive. They are grifters and con artists, i.e., criminals.  Fake monks are a problem but easy to spot.  Just steer clear.  Call the cops if needed.  As this proves, they can be dangerous as criminals can be.

14 hours ago, Ctkong said:

Some Buddhists are just buddhist by default. Not practicing Buddhists. I have come across lots of true Buddhist practitioners who are spiritual and compassionate. I believe one has to posses basic Buddhist philosophy to be a practicing Buddhist. 

Sorry but I don't get your point in regards to the original OP. I read your post twice but still fail to grasp what it has to do whit the OP.

Archived