Still working but

Provided you are working outside Thailand and not in Thailand, there is no problem whatsoever in your applying for an extension of permission to stay due to retirement. It is just a name. The important thing is that you are not working in Thailand.

30 minutes ago, djdubuque said:

I meet the funds requirement of 800K Baht as my monthly income 217K Baht right?

The requirement is 800,000BHT deposit in a Thai bank for 2 months prior to the date of a first application, 3 months for subsequent applications. OR

An income of 65,000BHT per month transferred into a Thai bank from overseas.

1 hour ago, djdubuque said:

Can I apply for a retirement visa if I'm still working?  I meet the funds requirement of 800K Baht as my monthly income 217K Baht right?

You're earning in Baht (becuase you quoted your salaray in baht) and presumbably staying in Thailand. Why do you want a retirement visa? What benefits does it give? If you're outside Thailand it depends on your employer if they will allow you to work remotely from Thailand. @Tanoshi has already posted financial requirements for long-stay extension. 

Edited by onera1961

Don't think that stating monthly income in baht means he is being paid in baht and working in thailand. As pointed out in earlier posts...your all good as long as not working in Thailand while on permission of stay based on retirement. 

Edited by DrJack54
Error

No not working in Thailand, just asking as I would eventually retire there.  I currently go in and out every 6 months on R&R and have a TG that I stay with when there.  She currently travels with me and stays in the country where I work.