Korat Resort

welshchris

Hi there

On my next trip (July) am planning on staying at the Korat Resort just outside Chocchai and was wandering if anyone had any feedback on the resort.

Looks nice from the internet but doesnt everywhere?

The plus point is it ideal to see the wifes family in Chocchai but also want somewhere nice.

Any advice appreciated

Thanks

Chris

Can't help you with Khorat Resort, but I have stayed in the"Best Hotel" on the road between Pak Thong Chai and Khorat. 500b/night for a pretty good room including breakfasts, with "live" music in the evening. OK for a few nights if you need somewhere fairly close by, but nothing special.

Good luck.

Edited by steve73

Hi there

On my next trip (July) am planning on staying at the Korat Resort just outside Chocchai and was wandering if anyone had any feedback on the resort.

The plus point is it ideal to see the wifes family in Chocchai but also want somewhere nice.

Any advice appreciated

Thanks

Chris

A couple of years ago I stayed at the Korat Resort while visiting a mate whos then girlfriend came from a village near Chok Chai. Its quite a large place with very nice and large rooms. It has a huge swimming pool, 3 hole pitch and putt style golf course, walking tracks etc. It has a nice restaurant about 100 m from the main resort buildings but still within the main confines of the resort overlooking a lake. Iam not sure but the price per night was only about 900 baht which I thought was great value considering the standard of the place.

The only downside is that it is about 10 kms from Chok Chai on the road to Korat and there is nothing that I could see around the area for entertainment. You will definately need a car to get around as it is stuck out in the middle of the sticks.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi there

I stayed there last July with the wife and 2 kids

We had an extra large corner room = massive for 1200bt. No extra charge for the kids breakfast.

The pool is good

Only downside is there is no bar. Can drink in the restaurant, but I did not want the kids in there when i took a beer or 2. And won't allow you to buy a beer to take outsied in the gardens.

Wife said the food was all very sweet. Ok for me though.