What is this sign on Jomtien Second Road?

wpcoe

4 hours ago, Henryford said:

It's an invitation to attend a meeting about the use of land in this zone. Only applies to landowners. But happended 23.1.19.

And I never stop learning.

It's about "Nongtabaek" (park).

That's the name of the small triangle plot just after the sign.

Never heard this name.

Why it currently seems to serve as a parking lot of "Jomtien Palm Beach" hotel?

(on an older photo, or is it gone?)

https://goo.gl/maps/DENpBNXWddR2

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

And I never stop learning.

It's about "Nongtabaek" (park).

That's the name of the small triangle plot just after the sign.

Never heard this name.

Why it currently seems to serve as a parking lot of "Jomtien Palm Beach" hotel?

(on an older photo, or is it gone?)

https://goo.gl/maps/DENpBNXWddR2

A park? In Jomtien? Never!

10 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

A park? In Jomtien? Never!

Car park.

I just used the term "park" as is found on the map (link above).

The name "Nong Tabaek" is used on the sign from the OP (in Thai script of course).

Some palms and shrubbery, isn't that a park :biggrin:

I think the area referred to in the sign is the triangular bit of wasteland immediately to the north of the Jomtien Palm Beach hotel car park, and just behind the hamburger stand. It shows as green in the Google Maps photo. Until a year or so ago it had about 15 shop-houses on it, in greater or lesser decay. Then they bulldozed the whole lot. Since then I have been waiting for a condo to be built on it. That may be what the "zoning" meeting was about.

3 minutes ago, digbeth said:

It's public land? I thought it was hotel's property that used to connect to the beach road but got cut off when the 2nd road was built.

probably th City Council is getting in first! - to cut the Hotel(s) off from up'n'taking it

if it was on the beach, there'd be a 'private' built up rock faced swimming pool on it by now...

On 1/26/2019 at 5:28 PM, digbeth said:

It's public land? I thought it was hotel's property that used to connect to the beach road but got cut off when the 2nd road was built.

The bit on the south end that's fenced and surfaced where they park coaches belongs to the hotel. As you say, it used to be part of the hotel's tennis courts until the city took over the land to build Second Road and that sliver got stranded on the east side. I don't think the bit that used to be a small collection of shops that were demolished and is now grassy in the picture above is anything to do with the hotel, so I'd guess the notice only refers to the grassy bit.

Just a few yards further along on the opposite side of the road there has been a lot of bulldozer and truck activity over the last week or so. Several old buildings have been demolished and lots of undergrowth has been cleared, leaving a very big plot.

I wonder if this has anything to do with the zoning or the park?

Or are they just going to actually build Ocean 1? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ocean_1_Tower

Archived