Validity of passport / retirement extension

27 minutes ago, Mango Bob said:

Once you get your new passport you need to go and get the visa transferred to your need passport.  At that point they will update your 1 year extension.

Immigration does not transfer visas only the stamps they do are transfered.

Not sure what mean by update your extension. If you mean the pre August of 2013 way of doing it where they did the remainder of the extension when you got a new passport you are wrong. If your passport is not good for at one year the extension is only done to the date your passport expires and you have to apply for a new extension when it ends.

• Like 1

On 1/26/2019 at 4:48 PM, Felt 35 said:

My next retirement extension is August 2019 and my passport expire December 2020.

No problem getting your extension in August 2019 until August 2020.

Take care to get a new passport before August 2020.

along the same lines of above and reluctant to clutter up and start a new thread on something which is related.

.....My passport needs renewing before my next visa extention (retirement), which i intend to do in London 2-3 months before expiry of visa. (25June)

but what happens on my re-enty and Swampy ?....... i use my new passport I guess but carry my old to show the visa dates.

when back in pattaya i then go to Jonteim and get the stamps carried over or renew at the appropriate time ??

Can anyone advise.

Thanks

9 minutes ago, Essexfalang said:

but what happens on my re-enty and Swampy ?....... i use my new passport I guess but carry my old to show the visa dates.

when back in pattaya i then go to Jonteim and get the stamps carried over or renew at the appropriate time ??

You will use both passports for entry to the country to use your re-entry permit in the old passport for entry and then be stamped into the country in the new passport. Then you go to immigration to have your stamps transferred to the new passport.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

You will use both passports for entry to the country to use your re-entry permit in the old passport for entry and then be stamped into the country in the new passport. Then you go to immigration to have your stamps transferred to the new passport.

That seems to be very straight forward.....but what to do if as for me the old passport get cancelled (even if not expired )when issued a new passport????

2 minutes ago, Felt 35 said:

That seems to be very straight forward.....but what to do if as for me the old passport get cancelled (even if not expired )when issued a new passport????

Everything in a passport that is still valid remains valid when a passport is canceled.