Visa extension without departurecard

That is good that it is free now, since they stole from me 2.000 baht (Khon Khaen), back in 2010 when I did loose my departure-card. That was the absolutely best motivator I could get to learn about the VISA process and all that. And I did learn most of it through Thai-VISA, U-joe and other guys here,,, thank God..

glegolo

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, fruitman said:

In the past they stapled it in the passport, now they they are too lazy for that...

I believe that this change was in response to some problems with staples, such as they can interfere with reading the chip now in many passports.  I certainly recall some years ago being mildly colder by UK guys for the staples in mine.

8 minutes ago, PGSan said:

I believe that this change was in response to some problems with staples, such as they can interfere with reading the chip now in many passports.  I certainly recall some years ago being mildly colder by UK guys for the staples in mine.

I see, that's possible but i still ask them to staple it and they do.

Also for decades i filled on the card the info from my arrival flight (i was ignorant) and they never made a fuss about it.

Last arrival he asked me about the address of stay in Thailand, guess he didn't know that....when i read it for him it was accepted.

2 hours ago, fruitman said:

In the past they stapled it in the passport, now they they are too lazy for that...

At my recent 90 day reporting the IO saw(loose) my Dep card in a pocket at back of my passport cover. She took it out and stapled it on to a back page......with a wry smile....probably thinking "stupid old farang will probably lose this "

55 minutes ago, VerenaPennyro said:

We've been there today and we had no problems! They just said, we should get another one at the airport while leaving the country!

When you leave the country just hand your passport over to the IO at passport control and they will sort out the departure card.

19 hours ago, PGSan said:

They stapled mine along with TM-30 and 90-day report in a passbook page. It does not interfere with chips. I like it that way. I once lost it but I was leaving the country, so I picked up one from the airline counter.