Looking For A Gym/fitness Around Saphan Taksin Bts

cooL_guY_corY

Can anyone reccomend a place to work out around Saphan Taksin BTS? I live about 3 mins from the BTS station, so anyplace near there or on the BTS line even would be great. I did a (2000b) month at California Wow, and was less then impressed for the price. I just need SOMEWHERE to workout, the cheaper the better, just want to lift some weights, if there is cardio equipment that is a plus. Thanks for any help

cory

It must have been awhile since u worked out at California as the rate is now about 1100 per month. That said there is the Cascade Club at the Ascott on Satorn. Quite high end with great gym and pool but this will run u about 2000 per month. Have you tried the ShangriLa Hotel? They have a gym/pool and offer membership. I don't believe it that expensive (less than 1500). Also State Tower Condo has a gym which is part of the hotel and they also offer monthly membership. Even the CentrePoint serviced above Tops supermarket and 3 minute walk to BTS have a gym and they have cheap membership.

There's a gym on the top floor of the Thai China Chamber of Commerce aka Thai CC building which is adjacent to the Surasak station, just 1 stop from you. Though I'm not sure about the price, I think it's cheaper than California Wow. :o

Thats been closed for about 2 years now.

:o sorry did not know that. Also, my last update about this gym is nearly 3 years now.

I actually re-read this thread because I remembered another one. There's one in the Silom Galleria building. It's the tall building in between Baan Silom and Holiday Inn.

Cheers :D

Edited by guardian

:D sorry did not know that. Also, my last update about this gym is nearly 3 years now.

I actually re-read this thread because I remembered another one. There's one in the Silom Galleria building. It's the tall building in between Baan Silom and Holiday Inn.

Cheers :D

Actualy i'm not 100 percent sure, but, i think the equipment from the gym in the Thai CC building actually went to the one you mention at the Silom Galleria on Surasak road. :o

check out this place.

its called EMAC.

their website claims to have English, but I cant get the english pages to work.

http://www.emacthailand.com/fit.htm

sorry. anyway, i go here for some of the classes. i dont use the gym, but it looks nice.

the place is quaint and the people friendly.

here is their map to the place. if you cant read thai, it shows the place down a small soi/alley

next to Menorah Hotel on Suriwong. emac is in the red colord building, on the 3rd floor.

http://www.emacthailand.com/mapnew.jpg