Ghost workers

indepth

Many years ago in Ozzie, the Dock workers would have ghost workers, non existent workers were clocked on and off and their pay packets went to their union. Could we have a ghost worker here. Ive been to our consuls office, staff wont let me see him, I ring, staff wont allow me to talk to him, I have emailed him three times, no reply. Does anybody have any evidence that he actually exists? My reason for wanting to speak to the consul was to ask if what somebody posted on here about Oz consuls will certify income proving documents is still their intent.

He is only a kid, obviously well connected. A consul should respond to their expats. They should access social media to keep in touch with what is happening to their fellow countrymen. I urge all Ozzies to contact their Dept of Foreing Affairs and voice their opinion on their consul. You try to get an appointment to see him personally. He is a public servant whose salery is paid by us. He needs to be reminded about that. There once was an honary pommie consul in Pattaya. Mr Kenyon, he went out of his way to be of assistance to his countrymen. 

If your an Ozzie and need proof of income and if your income is from a Govt source or super scheme, take those documents to a consul or your embassy and ask them to certify them as being correct and let us all know what happens. ignore any negative comments you may get on here, just do it. NB certify, not issue a stat dec.

49 minutes ago, indepth said:

If your an Ozzie and need proof of income and if your income is from a Govt source or super scheme, take those documents to a consul or your embassy and ask them to certify them as being correct and let us all know what happens. ignore any negative comments you may get on here, just do it. NB certify, not issue a stat dec.

Hi cleverman so indepth is your new name?

The oz consul will only certify a copy as being a true copy of an original.

He will not certify proof of income!

45 minutes ago, LosLobo said:

Hi cleverman so indepth is your new name?

The oz consul will only certify a copy as being a true copy of an original.

He will not certify proof of income!

i read what cleverman posted, so, there is one way to confirm or refute his info. i dont slag people off, i seek the truth. why would cleverman change his moniker? i have not praised him, i am questioning him.

21 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

On a separate, but related matter, I noticed that the "Kid" Craig Ferguson, was being described in the media as the "outgoing Consul General"

I hope for the OP's sake his replacement is older and more accessible.

As the poms would say, hear hear. Ozzies, you beauty mate, Yanks, o my god, o my god. 

20 hours ago, beechbum said:

Pity Larry isn't doing the job anymore, was brilliant and always went out of his way to help.

Larry, and the Canadian lawyer, did a different job, that of "honorary" consul. More hands on with citizens, but limited in scope. Most queries would be referred to the Embassy. 

The Consul-General is a permanent head of mission. He is not a counter-officer dealing with every individual who walks in the door demanding to air their grievance with the boss. There are several staff with that job.

The CG's job is probably largely ceremonial and liaison.

Sometime in the next year I need to renew my PP, I'm happy I can now do it here and not at the BKK Embassy. 

I have a problem with a bank at the moment, but I don't expect the CEO to front the counter to handle my complaint.

3 hours ago, Old Croc said:

Larry, and the Canadian lawyer, did a different job, that of "honorary" consul. More hands on with citizens, but limited in scope. Most queries would be referred to the Embassy. 

The Consul-General is a permanent head of mission. He is not a counter-officer dealing with every individual who walks in the door demanding to air their grievance with the boss. There are several staff with that job.

The CG's job is probably largely ceremonial and liaison.

Sometime in the next year I need to renew my PP, I'm happy I can now do it here and not at the BKK Embassy. 

I have a problem with a bank at the moment, but I don't expect the CEO to front the counter to handle my complaint.

You could renew passports when LC was doing the job.

Archived