Four Russian tourists fined in Phuket jet-ski accident

webfact

Four Russian tourists fined in Phuket jet-ski accident

By Kritsada Mueanhawong

S__188653582.jpg

Four tourists have been fined following a jet-ski accident at Kata Noi Beach. One Russian female tourist was taken to a hospital as a result of injuries sustained in the incident.

Karon Police were notified of the incident at 4.50pm yesterday (Monday) at Kata Noi Beach. Four Russian tourists were injured in a jet-ski incident offshore from the beach.

The Karon Police report that they headed to the Chalong Hospital to find a 23 year old female Russian tourist,  Tatiana Lysova. She had sustained a minor injury but was OK and able to discuss the incident.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket/four-russian-tourists-fined-in-phuket-jet-ski-accident

thtthaiger.png

-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2019-01-29

28 minutes ago, keith101 said:

If 1,000 baht fine is all they get then they are very lucky considering the amount of damage done .

Absolutely, but;

Police left the Russian group to settle the damage costs with the jet ski rental company.

3 hours ago, Vacuum said:

Police left the Russian group to settle the damage costs with the jet ski rental company.

So we can add 50k baht then, not cheap for a Russian. 

15 hours ago, keith101 said:

If 1,000 baht fine is all they get then they are very lucky considering the amount of damage done .

i didn't see the damage done but the fine will be the cheap bit. the amount they will have to pay to the jet ski man will be a small fortune.

5 hours ago, balo said:

It will cost them a small fortune, if they do not have the money I smell problems...

agreed, they would be better trying to buy a new shell if possible.

to be honest in a small way i hope they dont have the money. this is why i thought the jet ski people were meant to be insured these days.

Archived