Big Joke: Just give me a call and I'll help sort out these thugs

webfact

Big Joke: Just give me a call and I'll help sort out these thugs

4pm.jpg

Top policeman Lt-Gen Surachate Hakparn has told the Thai public not to be alarmed - just give him a call and he'll hunt down thugs and get them off the streets. 

The Lt-Gen, who goes by the familiar moniker of Big Joke, was speaking after his men at the tech police managed to track down another person responsible for drug related gang violence in Chaiyaphum in early January. 

Suthichai or "Beer" aged 24 was a leading member of a gang of seven who attacked a drug distributor in the north eastern Thai province on January 3rd. The sickening violence was viewed across social media. 

Suthichai was hunted by police who traced him to Sam Khok district of Pathum Thani north of Bangkok where he was arrested on a warrant and subsequently interviewed by Big Joke. 

Surachate told Sanook: "I want to tell the Thai public not to be alarmed when you see violence of this nature. We WILL act. They WILL all be punished".

Regarding gangs the Lt Gen was the first to admit that this arrest was small fry. "This is not a big player," he said. "We already have four others and this is the fifth. When we get the others I will tell you". 

He said that Sutthichai was part of a gang of young men hired by those higher up the drug chain to intimidate those who did not pay up after selling drugs that came across the border from neighboring countries.

But he assured reporters that warrants were out for the big players in this case.

In his role as deputy chief of the Technology Crime Suppression police he urged members of the public with information to contact him on 1155. 

Thaivisa notes that Surachate is also head of the Immigration Police Bureau and is far and away the most high profile policeman operating in Thailand today. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-01-30

And if BJ is foolish enough to go further up the chain to the very top, he might find that many of the individuals who pull all the strings (and profit the most from this disgusting trade) may be quite a bit too much to chew for him. But I guess he is well aware of that and won't dare touch them.  

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Top policeman Lt-Gen Surachate Hakparn has told the Thai public not to be alarmed - just give him a call and he'll hunt down thugs and get them off the streets. 

While not trying to decry his efforts, it does sound more like a Batman script. It makes me wonder where Commissioner Gordon is?

2 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

His figures in this case are unsurprisingly more credible than a TAT report.

Give him time .. We're only at foot soldier level .. When ( if ) the big fish are netted expect more fullsome numbers along with the obligatory vinyl board photo shoot ..

5 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

And if BJ is foolish enough to go further up the chain to the very top, he might find that many of the individuals who pull all the strings (and profit the most from this disgusting trade) may be quite a bit too much to chew for him. But I guess he is well aware of that and won't dare touch them.  

And those maybe egging on BJ may be above the ones you think are actually at the top.

5 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

Give him the benefit of the doubt at the moment. I am certain he is positioning himself for post-election. Then we will see the true colours.  

12 minutes ago, Justgrazing said:

Give him time .. We're only at foot soldier level .. When ( if ) the big fish are netted expect more fullsome numbers along with the obligatory vinyl board photo shoot ..

Given the monotonous regularity of those vinyl posters, perhaps it should be 'vinyl bored'?

52 minutes ago, PatOngo said:

Hey BJ, there's a bunch of armed thugs in BKK who stole the country from the people, sort them out will you!

Who took away the "government" of the country from the biggest thugs you could imagine.

12 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Given the monotonous regularity of those vinyl posters, perhaps it should be 'vinyl bored'?

It's hard to get bored of B J .. T'wixt sorting out Imm' , raising the Phoenix , turfing out overstayers and now batting at the crease against narco networks he truly is like a SuperBatSpider Man .. No really .. honestly .. 

30 minutes ago, hansnl said:

Who took away the "government" of the country from the biggest thugs you could imagine.

Well, that would give him a LOT of thugs to sort out then! Although some are no longer resident in Thailand.

6 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

A good proportion of them probably work in his office.

What’s his number ?! Does anyone know how to contact him?!  That would be a mission and an half considering that he seems to have his hands full ????

Still, I reckon if you say anything negative about Thai people he’d quickly arrest you first no questions asked !

As far as Joke is concerned, so far so good, I'll reserve judgement till after the 'election'.  IMO:  The players of this trade that really call the shots are found in China, high up in their political (military) hierarchy. They are as addicted to this Niagara Falls of cash as the people that use their product are.  Certainly the money has corrupted at a local level, the problem is once these high ranking cops were arrested they would easily be replaced with others. Like cancer you have to cut at the source to have any effect but it's going to take a totally novel approach to pry this immense cash cow from the talons of the dragon.  

3 hours ago, unamazedloso said:

How did he get the name BJ? Kneeling to the gov?

I remember from an earlier article that as a boy he played cards with his dad. His favourite card was the Joker, so dad called him ‘Joke’ as his nickname. 

He is a Lieutenant General, so being high ranking, the press nicknamed him ‘Big’; it might be all high ranking officers are called ‘Big’ too.

4 hours ago, bluesofa said:

While not trying to decry his efforts, it does sound more like a Batman script. It makes me wonder where Commissioner Gordon is?

It invokes a question for me: Where is the national top cop?

Is he sleeping, is he on permanent leave? 

8 minutes ago, scorecard said:

It invokes a question for me: Where is the national top cop?

Is he sleeping, is he on permanent leave? 

Probably too busy counting brown envelop contents to be bothered with this low level nonsense (in his view). 

4 hours ago, unamazedloso said:

How did he get the name BJ? Kneeling to the gov?

41 minutes ago, silver sea said:

I remember from an earlier article that as a boy he played cards with his dad. His favourite card was the Joker, so dad called him ‘Joke’ as his nickname. 

He is a Lieutenant General, so being high ranking, the press nicknamed him ‘Big’; it might be all high ranking officers are called ‘Big’ too.

For completeness, this is the article, I was thinking of, which had been linked in a ThaiVisa article: 

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/featured/2019/01/16/superstar-cop-big-joke-on-his-rise-and-plans-for-expats-visas/

Archived