16 nabbed for running online gambling sites

snoop1130

16 nabbed for running online gambling sites

By The Nation

5bf7260958973c420601dcf4db71efac.jpeg

Police on Wednesday launched a coordinated crackdown on online gambling sites across six provinces.

Of the 22 suspects, 16 were arrested for alleged links to sbotded.com, sbolucky666.com, sbohero888.com and sure999.com – which reportedly provided people a chance to bet online. 

“Their [the websites] combined cash flow is over Bt300 million,” Pol Lt-General Surachate Hakparn said yesterday in his capacity as chief of Thailand’s Action Taskforce for Information Technology Crime Suppression.

Surachate himself led the raid into a condo in Bangkok, where one of the suspects offering these online services was believed to be based. Of the three suspects arrested at the condo, one told police he was paid up to Bt15,000 a month for finding online gamblers and arranging their credit line. 

“All 16 suspects today face gambling and money-laundering charges,” Surachate said, adding that he will nudge the Anti-Money Laundering Office (AMLO) to proceed with asset seizure.

“We will investigate further to nail down the masterminds,” he said.

Surachate also warned Net idols and celebrities against advertising online gambling websites after receiving reports that some entertainment figures were engaging in such advertisements. 

“If you don’t stop, you will face legal action too,” he warned.

According to Surachate, his agency has already brought down 748 websites for operating online gambling and 36 others for violating intellectual property laws.

“We have lodged complaints against 74 suspects in 41 cases, and already frozen 149 related bank accounts,” he added.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30363246

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-01-30

I really like playing poker for fun with play money and there was no harm or crime and it was good to play when the weather was to hot to go out side. I have been living in Thailand for 12 years now and when my retirement visa is up for renewal I will be money to Cambodia  where most of my farang friends have moved to. With the cost of everything going up here and the baht going down and the police taking away all your harmless fun it is not a good place to live now

25 minutes ago, randy723 said:

I use to play poker for fun with play money at partypoker.com until the 9th. of Jan when Thailand took it off line. 

I heard, Thailand wants to be 'The Hub of Boredom'. Currently only on rank 3, the government is trying very hard to outdo No. 1 and 2 (Islamic State, Iran)... ????

23 hours ago, randy723 said:

I use to play poker for fun with play money at partypoker.com until the 9th. of Jan when Thailand took it off line. 

I used to play until 2017 when they took it off. they must have put it back on.

On 1/30/2019 at 8:28 PM, snoop1130 said:

“Their [the websites] combined cash flow is over Bt300 million,” Pol Lt-General Surachate Hakparn said yesterday in his capacity as chief of Thailand’s Action Taskforce for Information Technology Crime Suppression.

Yeah.  So where will this money go now? ????

:partytime2:

Archived