Dog attack victim much improved as surgery continues in Phuket Hospital

webfact

Dog attack victim much improved as surgery continues in Phuket Hospital

3pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

The director of the Phuket hospital where a seven year old boy is being treated following an attack by a pack of dogs said that the child's condition is much improved.

Yeunyong Chairap or "D-Max" was attacked while playing with friends on a  Pangnga beach. His ear was ripped off. 

The dogs were tranquilized and are being monitored for rabies. The results of that are not yet in. 

Dr Chalermpong Sukhonthaphon at Vachira Hospital said that D-Max was steadily improving and his pulse was now normal. His fever had diminished and he was eating and talking as normal. 

His ear had been reattached and was healing well. The many other wounds he suffered were also healing with no sign of infection. He was facing further surgery on Wednesday afternoon when he would have a general anesthetic so that deeper wounds could be explored for possible infection. 

He said they were still waiting on the results of the rabies' tests on the dogs which would inform the next stage of their treatment and what measures to take in the community where the attack occurred. 

D-Max's mother Ramphaen said she was pleased with her son's improvement but she was still worried about infections that might affect her boy. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-01-31
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, webfact said:

The dogs were tranquilized and are being monitored for rabies. The results of that are not yet in. 

A diagnosis of rabies can be made after detection of rabies virus from any part of the affected brain, but in order to rule out rabies, the test must include tissue from at least two locations in the brain, preferably the brain stem and cerebellum. The test requires that the animal be euthanized.Sep 20, 2011   

So Who's telling tales ?

• Like 1

On 1/31/2019 at 6:42 PM, digger70 said:

A diagnosis of rabies can be made after detection of rabies virus from any part of the affected brain, but in order to rule out rabies, the test must include tissue from at least two locations in the brain, preferably the brain stem and cerebellum. The test requires that the animal be euthanized.Sep 20, 2011   

So Who's telling tales ?

Rabies is 100% fatal. If the dogs die then they can be tested for rabies which they probably had because they died. If they live, they don't have rabies.

On 1/31/2019 at 6:42 PM, digger70 said:

So Who's telling tales ?

No they will just wait and monitor the dogs until it is too late to treat the lad for rabies even if he has it.

Thai rabies is different.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Khaeng Mak said:

No they will just wait and monitor the dogs until it is too late to treat the lad for rabies even if he has it.

Thai rabies is different.

I am quite sure the boy would have had some rabies shots already. When I got bitten by my own dog who was injected against rabies they still wanted to inject me with rabies shots. Its standard procedure. I refused, the dog still lives and I still live. 

2 hours ago, robblok said:

I am quite sure the boy would have had some rabies shots already. When I got bitten by my own dog who was injected against rabies they still wanted to inject me with rabies shots. Its standard procedure. I refused, the dog still lives and I still live. 

Did you lecture the dog about who's in charge?