The new retirement visa rules

3 minutes ago, offset said:

My renewal date for retirement is 3rd March I guess I will be under the new rules but will it be ok to do early, I intend to go tomorrow

That is hard answer. But if you have already done your new extension it should not apply.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes they will. If you do a application after the 1st of March they will apply.

The way I read the new order is that anyone using the 800k deposit method must have a minimum of 400k permanently in the bank from March 1 onwards?... or will they work with people during this transition year?...

• Like 1

The way I read the new order is that anyone using the 800k deposit method must have a minimum of 400k permanently in the bank from March 1 onwards?... or will they work with people during this transition year?...
Ok then i think i will do my extension before March the 1st.. better i think right?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

20 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes they will. If you do a application after the 1st of March they will apply.

sorry, still a bit confused, and only up to page 18 of the big thread...

let's say someone recently did their retirement extension....october or november.  when does the 400k minimum balance requirement kick in?  would they need to have 400k from march 1st and then 800k 90 days prior to next extension?

(for nine months i put the 800k to work in stocks/mutuals, leaving just the minimum to keep an account open.  move the 800k back into the  fixed account for the seasoning period.)

2 hours ago, ChouDoufu said:

let's say someone recently did their retirement extension....october or november.  when does the 400k minimum balance requirement kick in?  would they need to have 400k from march 1st and then 800k 90 days prior to next extension?

It does not apply unless you do an application for your extension after March 1st. The rule is not retroactive.

You will not need to comply with it until you apply for an extension in October or November.

On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 9:12 PM, Bob1million said:

Ok then i think i will do my extension before March the 1st.. better i think right?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

If your extension is due in May, the earliest you can renew it is 30-45 days before the renewal date.

You cannot apply before March 1st.

You will be applying under the new rules.

800K deposited in a Thai bank for 2 months prior to your date of application.

800K must remain in the account for 3 months following issuance of the new extension.

You can then use 400K, must keep 400K  deposited in the Thai bank before topping back up to 800K 2 months prior to your next extension application.

• Like 2