Chiangmai Is So Hot Today .

Ta22

2. When you go to bed, sleep on top of the bed with nothing on. Bring to bed some towels that you have wrung out after soaking in water, and put the wet towels over parts of your body. It will feel quite cool, and even cold, as the fan blows over you and the water in the towels evaporates.

I believe Chiangmai Ram have reasonable rates for pneumonia cases :o

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Fill your bathtub with the coldest water you can. Get in and soak for 15 or 20 minutes, submerging as much of your body as you can, including as much of your head as you can and still be able to breathe. You should remain comfortably cool for up to couple of hours after you get out. Repeat as necessary.

Add a few large blocks of ice to the bath water. This will make it last longer.

2. When you go to bed, sleep on top of the bed with nothing on. Bring to bed some towels that you have wrung out after soaking in water, and put the wet towels over parts of your body. It will feel quite cool, and even cold, as the fan blows over you and the water in the towels evaporates.

I believe Chiangmai Ram have reasonable rates for pneumonia cases :o

Good to know, Maejo. :D

Sometimes it's all relative; if you are going to great lengths to cool yourself off you notice the heat more when you can't sit in the bath with ice up to your neck. Heat doesn't bother me but would like to know how many sacks of leaves I have to sweep up before the trees have adjusted.

I think this year the switch from cool to very hot has been quicker and we haven't all adjusted yet.

Never mind, was watching a TV program yesterday with new theory of global warming saying that average temp. would increase by 10c by 2030!

Now that makes me hot just thinking about it!

The think about the warming - well . let put it this way .

while some place getting hot some places is getting cold .

EARTH is a well balance Organic . it will adjust itself .. just that this adjustment may = huge problem for us .

if we need to , moving is the only choice to adjust .

chiangmai man start snowing in a few years time . as some area had seen below 3 degree winter this years .

so all this is possible .

well from what i saw on TV is that the world warming effect is going at a 0.1 - 0.2 degree per year .

so 10 degree would take maybe 30 years or more . but at the same time . while some area get hot , some area would get colder . so it would balance off and may take longer .

what you got to take note is while the zone get thinner . more skin related problem would surface .

so do go out with sun block . if you need too . or least wear a soemthing to cover up . even if it just for 15 min .

be ready to expect 39-40 - and possible 41-42 into april . maybe high all time high this year and then so on .

but this is all guess . a mid march forcast had been place at about 39-40c

oh if you are in bangkok +1c to all reading .. the traffic add about 1 -1.5 degree to the weather there .

Edited by Ta22

my gf has just had a terrific idea.

she recommends cloth bags filled with uncooked rice and then stored in the freezer until use. take them out and use under your head just as you go to bed. nice and cool. about 1 kg of rice per 8 inch by 8 inch bag. a small pillow.

i know from other experience they are very soothing. and if placed in the microwave they will give warmth to sore aches and pains around neck and shoulders.

now i'm looking forward to tonight so i can use them.

(if you don't have, or don't want to make them yourself, she says she will be glad to make them. pm me and i'll take the order. figure 80 baht each. you can have them next day)

she recommends cloth bags filled with uncooked rice and then stored in the freezer until use. take them out and use under your head just as you go to bed. nice and cool. about 1 kg of rice per 8 inch by 8 inch bag. a small pillow.

i know from other experience they are very soothing. and if placed in the microwave they will give warmth to sore aches and pains around neck and shoulders.

(if you don't have, or don't want to make them yourself, she says she will be glad to make them. pm me and i'll take the order. figure 80 baht each. you can have them next day)

Is there a longer delivery time on more erotic shapes? Adds a whole new meaning to a bun in the oven.

Cold showers? Wet towels? Sleeping naked with no sheets on the bed? And now cold bags of rice!!!

In the colder climates people invest in Central Heating of some sort. They threw away the hot water bottles in the early parts of the last century.

For hotter climates people invest in Air Conditioning units. They're not expensive - about a fifth of the cost of Central Heating - maybe 10,000 to 15,000 baht for your average bedroom, and it won't add more than 1,000 baht a month to your electric bills.

This is the 21st Century guys!!!!! Switch on the A/C and relaaaaxx................ :o

My room have Air con but i never turn it on . for a simple reason . is bad for my nose .

- everyone is different i guess .

i had alway prefer Fan over Aircon .. even on day that is not that hot .

Agreed. Air conditioning is a nasty thing, and to be avoided to the extent possible.

is funny how i can hang out at air con area the whole day ,

but when i am sleeping . air con seem to be rally bad for my health especially waking up with pain on my nose .

that is the reason why i choose not to have air con and try to find alt way .

like i said , everyone is different . :o

wahahah . good to know this hot day is bringing smile to some faces :o

bangkok is a better choice as it +1 :D

i had slowly being a night person - i had seen the sun little nowaday .

This is an amazing site

"Chiang Mai is so Hot " receives 107 replies and is read by 1067 people so far!!

Someone found a new spaghetti sauce and that attracted the attention of 1822 people of whom 33 felt compelled to write in!!!

To guys want to go Go-Karting and 826 want to know about it whilst 65 offer their input!!

I was intrigued to find out what these Forums are all about and I've found it very enlightening.

Please delete my user member logon id or whatever it is before I turn into a S.O.E. too!!

I obviously haven't been here long enough, or maybe it's just the heat??

I have Air-con, after all!!!!!

I myself is kinda addicted to forum ,

for some reason . and not shy about it . - while i speak my heart out even in poor english .

i had a place to express my view . and in return , people . express their view on my view . or in simple fashion and exchange of view ..

of cos in the process who have those that agree and disagree . and so on , but that is just part of the process .

some like it some don't , some just juice the fun out of it while some try to hammer nail or two on the thread starter ass,.

but all in the game and FUN of posting in forum .

one thing i learn about forum .. which i think is a step back on internet evolution .. cos i came from a Live chat room user some 13 years ago , Internet relay chat in short I.R.C is what it was called till now .

the down side of I.R.C is such that . due to the fast reply . less sence is being spoken and offen is just a flood or meaninglesss chat . in a room MASS up without or little control .

Then it go back to the old fashion . Forum posting . used to be like message board posting . page .

is a show that some time SLOW is good . user get to choose what to read base on topic and writer choose what to write base on their choice .

welcome to the world of we do care what other think . chiangmai is a small place . and is like a small town share by everyone . so the happening and the changes is also part of the " i would like to know if i can section "

. back to topic , i love topic swaying .

Aircon . if i recall correctly there are sold by BTU .usually price at about 1 baht Per BTU .

so a 10,000 BTU Air con would cost about 10,000 . and so on .

Happy to know that today is cooling in the morning . - and come to think of it chiangmai had not rain for a while now . beside that 5 min shower i seen some week ago .

enjoy the forum

what is S.O.E ?

Edited by Ta22

wahahah . good to know this hot day is bringing smile to some faces :D

This is an amazing site

"Chiang Mai is so Hot " receives 107 replies and is read by 1067 people so far!!

Someone found a new spaghetti sauce and that attracted the attention of 1822 people of whom 33 felt compelled to write in!!!

To guys want to go Go-Karting and 826 want to know about it whilst 65 offer their input!!

I was intrigued to find out what these Forums are all about and I've found it very enlightening.

Please delete my user member logon id or whatever it is before I turn into a S.O.E. too!!

Hmmm.Why comment if all this is beneath you?Silly boy. :o

wahahah . good to know this hot day is bringing smile to some faces :o

This is an amazing site

The numbers are not important. It's just the same three sad people going backwards and forwards. You can disrupt their banter by posting something interesting. They never know how to reply.

:D before this get into Heated debate thread.. CHILL with all this heat .. everyone need to cold down :D

hm... the sky look cloudy today which is a good sign .. might be RANING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:o

Edited by Ta22

Not too hot today.rather pleasant really. :o

Definitly a little chilly today, but are you coming on sunday, when it will be warmer?

No mate.I actually have a bit of work to do. :D Might be able to meet later on if u are having an aftermatch though.....

i used to go swim at the lotus hotel .. is nice . i can't rem how much i paid cos is been a while .

but the place is so far ok .. love the pool . stop going after i found some guy kissing in the steam room . gross me off .

personally i am got notthing against Gay . but to do it in public places . is just not nice . get a room ok .

the weather today is consider better and is kinda chilling with the lv3 fan on .

hope is will stable . :o

where do you go swim ?

i hope sunday is going to be a cool day - looking forward to it :D