Thailand proposes third country option for jailed Bahraini footballer

webfact

Thailand proposes third country option for jailed Bahraini footballer

%E0%B8%AE%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%84%E0%B8%B5%E0%

Australia and Bahrain should hold talks to resolve the case of jailed Bahraini footballer Hakeem al-Arabi by having him sent to a third country instead of extraditing him to Bahrain to face imprisonment or by sending him to his requested country of asylum, Australia, said Thai Foreign Minister Don Paramudvinai today.

He said he had already proposed this option to both Bahrain and Australia, noting that it would be less complicated and would help resolve the problem, adding that Thailand was willing to help facilitate the talks.

Mr. Don said that it was Australian Interpol which first alerted their Thai counterparts of Bahrain’s arrest warrant against al-Arabi as Bahraini authorities were asking Thai authorities to have the footballer apprehended.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thailand-proposes-third-country-option-for-jailed-bahraini-footballer/

thaipbs.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2019-02-05
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JAG said:

Well, one third country option might be to return him to Australia...

My i  humbly suggest sending him to the UK , where he will be well cared for .

Job  vacancies , in the premier  league , Brits not  wanted .555

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, happy chappie said:

complete idiots and show that they are not fit for the jobs.how this country gets by in this modern world leaves me in amazement.from the top to the bottom the Thais are nothing but incompetent and seem to really be from another planet.the minister is spewing bs about Australia notifying Thailand about him being on the red Interpol list.i question why on earth would they do that and then say they want him back.thais bs and try to save face to cover up their mistakes and anyone with half a brain can read their tiny minds.

https://www.smh.com.au/world/asia/outrageous-australia-notified-thailand-about-refugee-footballer-s-travel-plans-20181212-p50lry.html

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Australia and Bahrain should hold talks to resolve the case of jailed Bahraini footballer Hakeem al-Arabi by having him sent to a third country instead of extraditing him to Bahrain to face imprisonment or by sending him to his requested country of asylum, Australia, said Thai Foreign Minister Don Paramudvinai today.

He said he had already proposed this option to both Bahrain and Australia, noting that it would be less complicated and would help resolve the problem, adding that Thailand was willing to help facilitate the talks.

Like ******** it will be less complicated.

Grow a pair and let the man return to Australia.

5 hours ago, MaxLee said:

All an act to save Face for Thailand, not more than that.... 

Although, coming from Australia and being so frustrated dealing with idiots in different government departments, I can't help but feel Australia buggered up a bit.

Problem is people who do poor work keep their jobs. We need more Trumps in the world.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bannork said:

So it was a cock up by the aussies too.there is no red notice for hakeem and he's being locked up for no reason.he is innocent but that don't mean nothing in Thailand.the problem with Thais is they shoot first as they don't know what the question should be let alone any answers.a cock up by Australia and an even bigger cock up by Thailand.hes been given refugee status which would of cleared him from the Interpol red notice so I can't even see how the Aussies have contacted Thailand to say he's on the list.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, happy chappie said:

So it was a cock up by the aussies too.there is no red notice for hakeem and he's being locked up for no reason.he is innocent but that don't mean nothing in Thailand.the problem with Thais is they shoot first as they don't know what the question should be let alone any answers.a cock up by Australia and an even bigger cock up by Thailand.hes been given refugee status which would of cleared him from the Interpol red notice so I can't even see how the Aussies have contacted Thailand to say he's on the list.

Australia sometimes just outsources important tasks to overseas call centre and HR companies. And then says do whatever stupid stuff you want as long as it's not bothering management cause we're off playing golf.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

instead of extraditing him to Bahrain to face imprisonment or by sending him to his requested country of asylum, Australia, said Thai Foreign Minister Don Paramudvinai today.

two guys over a pint a year ago figured this out; the thai for min is , perhaps, maybe , of capable of such thinking

8 hours ago, happy chappie said:

complete idiots and show that they are not fit for the jobs.how this country gets by in this modern world leaves me in amazement.from the top to the bottom the Thais are nothing but incompetent and seem to really be from another planet.the minister is spewing bs about Australia notifying Thailand about him being on the red Interpol list.i question why on earth would they do that and then say they want him back.thais bs and try to save face to cover up their mistakes and anyone with half a brain can read their tiny minds.

They're soldiers not diplomats