6 Hornbills

kannot

I think its the Great Hornbill. When I first came here and could legally work I was often in Khao Sok park in the south and although these were not common, we saw a few. They were also in Khao Yai. Several years later it was obvious that deforestation, lack of edible wild fruits had reduced their numbers. Hornbills are said to be a good indicator as to the state of your tropical forest. You don't need to be an expert to know how that's fairing.

• Like 1

On 2/8/2019 at 7:11 PM, grollies said:

Nice one you lucky bugger. Is that your photo?

No stock  photo but exactly the same  bird,6  of  them in convoy flying  very  low its a BIG  bird  close up

On 2/8/2019 at 7:52 PM, Lungstib said:

I think its the Great Hornbill. When I first came here and could legally work I was often in Khao Sok park in the south and although these were not common, we saw a few. They were also in Khao Yai. Several years later it was obvious that deforestation, lack of edible wild fruits had reduced their numbers. Hornbills are said to be a good indicator as to the state of your tropical forest. You don't need to be an expert to know how that's fairing.

yes it is 

On 2/8/2019 at 7:52 PM, Lungstib said:

Surrounded  here by some good  sized  hills/small mountains   fully  tree  covered, get  some  big eagles  too regularly always high  up circling

• Like 1