MoL Documents for Work Permit?

Number 6

Could anyone tell me with specificity which documents are required by the MoL to process a work permit? I have a 5yr teaching license and non-o extension. Photocopies of last year's taxes now as well, correct? If the WP will lapse. I believe it should be turned in although there is no paperwork to close it if I were moving to another school.

Originals

Photocopies

I am going to leave your first question to those whose experience is more recent than my own. With regard to cancellation of your Work Permit. You can do this yourself, with nothing required from your school.  If you expect that your new job will be in the same province, try to ensure that your current school does not cancel it until your new school is ready to apply for your new one. And the same for your Non-Immigrant "B" Visa, or Extension of same, whichever you currently have.

If you are proceeding to cancel your own W.P., simply take it (and your passport, to confirm your ID) to your Labour Dept. office. They will give you a T.D.10 (taw-daw 10) form. This is your receipt to prove cancellation. Keep it to present in conjunction with your new W.P. application.

On 2/13/2019 at 6:06 PM, allane said:

I am going to leave your first question to those whose experience is more recent than my own. With regard to cancellation of your Work Permit. You can do this yourself, with nothing required from your school.  If you expect that your new job will be in the same province, try to ensure that your current school does not cancel it until your new school is ready to apply for your new one. And the same for your Non-Immigrant "B" Visa, or Extension of same, whichever you currently have.

If you are proceeding to cancel your own W.P., simply take it (and your passport, to confirm your ID) to your Labour Dept. office. They will give you a T.D.10 (taw-daw 10) form. This is your receipt to prove cancellation. Keep it to present in conjunction with your new W.P. application.

Thanks for your response. The documents will expire prior to new contract date so nothing needs to be cancelled afaik as I'll visit MoL prior to expiration I think I might be asked for old contract or maybe date in WP book enough.

Looking for a list of documents so as to be proactive with new employer. Not their first rodeo but want to get this thing done over asap.

I have now consulted with a teacher I know. He doesn't yet have his 5 yr. teaching licence, though he almost does.  As you are probably aware, you can't apply for a Work Permit yourself, it has to be done by the employer. My friend says that if you have a 5 yr. licence, there is no need to involve Khrusapha again, just submit a copy of the licence along with your contract, university degree and transcripts. I presume you know that they will want to view the original copy of your degree and transcripts. And of course, they will want a copy of your passport and photos.

Archived