Chris Pratt puts an end to 'infamously anti-LGBTQ' church comments made by Ellen Page

snoop1130

Chris Pratt puts an end to 'infamously anti-LGBTQ' church comments made by Ellen Page

By TRACY WRIGHT

9693896-0-image-a-113_1549926031204.jpg

Selfie: Chris Pratt put rumors to rest with a lengthy Instagram post shared to his stories on Monday afternoon

His house of worship was under attack earlier this week when Ellen Page claimed his church had an 'anti lgbtq' agenda.

And Chris Pratt put rumors to rest with a lengthy Instagram post shared to his stories on Monday afternoon. 

The 39-year-old actor wrote that 'nothing could be further from the truth' and that his church 'opens their doors to absolutely everyone' on top of an image of a sheep standing on top of a rock. 

'It has recently been suggested that i belong to a church which 'hates a certain group of people' and is 'infamously anti-LGBTQ.' Nothing could be further from the truth,' he wrote. 'I go to a church that opens their doors to absolutely everyone.'

Full Story: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-6693429/Chris-Pratt-puts-end-infamously-anti-LGBTQ-church-comments-Ellen-Page.html

Actually he didn't put an end to anything. Most churches have their doors open to everyone but that doesn't mean they are accepted in the church's teachings. He can spin it any way he wants but the pastor of his church does not accept gay people other than to allow them in church to give donations.

The whole thing seems to be made up by Ellen Page. Was this for publicity? Not sure. I do not know of any homophobic behavior on the part of this church. Now, if you want to look for that kind of thing, look to Mike Pence. That is real. This appears to be fake. Here is what one of their top pastors has to say about abortion and gay members.

Personally, I am not into formal church going. But, I have nothing against religious people, as long as they are not the Pence type. Too much ill informed judgment does not help anybody, and is offensive. 

Many religious leaders grapple with hot button issues like gay marriage, abortion and birth control, and Pastor Lentz is no different. In 2015, he spoke about abortion to journalist Taffy Brodesser-Akner, saying, “If you sit down with me and you say, ‘Carl, I’m having an abortion,’ I’m going to say, ‘I think that you can have this child. I don’t know how hard it’s going to be. I could never imagine. I do know that my prayer is that God will give you peace to stand on this side with me. Should you choose another option, I will not turn my back on you. I will not vilify you. I will not hate you. I will not, I cannot, live your life. I love you regardless, but my prayer is that somehow, some way, you will see my view on this.’” Same goes for same sex relationships; in a 2014, he said he will never give a “blanket statement” and that all are welcome at Hillsong NY.

https://www.cosmopolitan.com/entertainment/a12013200/hillsong-facts-millennial-church-celebrities-bieber-carl-lentz/

Archived