Another Attack On Samui

John 1

Looks like you have to be careful in Bo Phut, ladies getting knocked off there motorcycles and now this bashing of a German at the Black Jack Pub by a couple of courageous Brit's, so the German was drunk no excuse for a bashing that put him in the Icu at the local hospital.

That pub is in chaweng not Bophut and people get beaten up in pubs all around the world every night of the week, doesn't make the island more dangerous, the mixture of blokes and beer will always end up in punch ups, has done for hundreds of years, will conitune to do so for many more to come.

sounds pretty typical of samui to me. poor bugger just couldn't read the signs.

German in ICU after fight -- bkk POST --http://www.bangkokpost.com/News/27Feb2007_news08.php

KOH SAMUI :A German national was seriously injured and admitted to an intensive care unit after a brawl with two British men at a pub on Samui island, Surat Thani province, early yesterday.

Police said Adrian Woner, 46, a credit firm worker from Germany, was attacked at Black Jack Pub on Liab Hat Chaweng road in tambon Bo Phud. He was admitted to Thai Inter Samui Hospital with severe cuts on his face, head and left elbow and numerous bruises all over his body.

His wife Prathuangtip Kamlangdej, 35, said they had just arrived for their first visit to the resort island on Sunday.

She said her husband, who was drunk, talked with some foreign guests including the two British men at the pub before he was punched and hit with a chair.

Pol Col Peeraphan Tunjai, chief of Samui tourism police, said it was likely the two British men were members of a mafia-type organisation on Samui and might know the pub owner, who is also a British.

Pol Col Peeraphan Tunjai, chief of Samui tourism police, said it was likely the two British men were members of a mafia-type organisation on Samui and might know the pub owner, who is also a British.

Oll come on.....

Yeah, Rick and Dave, the heavy mob :D

Seriously, I hope this was just a drunken misunderstanding, like the sort that happens anywhere, between "pissed-up" customers.

Although, you do get the odd "Herbert" in Black Jack, some residents, some longtime visitors, and some guys on holiday, most just go in there and talk shit and get drunk. :o

Sad for all concerned :D , I hope that the guys who run "Black Jack" aren't effected by this... :D

RAZZ

Oll come on.....

Yeah, Rick and Dave, the heavy mob :D

Seriously, I hope this was just a drunken misunderstanding, like the sort that happens anywhere, between "pissed-up" customers.

Although, you do get the odd "Herbert" in Black Jack, some residents, some longtime visitors, and some guys on holiday, most just go in there and talk shit and get drunk. :o

Sad for all concerned :D , I hope that the guys who run "Black Jack" aren't effected by this... :D

RAZZ

totally agree with Razz,but you must admit,Dave has put a bit of weight on lately.These things happen,hope the guy who got the slap is ok,from experience,you just have to let things like this go.

>>Pol Col Peeraphan Tunjai, chief of Samui tourism police, said it was likely the two British men were members of a mafia-type organisation on Samui and might know the pub owner, who is also a British.

What a load of rubbish. There are no British mafia on Samui. Christ i hate it how these rumours start. Even if these two fellas did know the owner of Black Jack, why has he linked that with 'mafia'. isnt it Luke that owns Black Jack? Luke is just an ordinary bloke who has done very well on Samui buying and selling land and house. A nice, honest fella.

You wouldnt be talking about Rik from GB liunge, would you?

Hope the German fella makes a sound recovery, anyway. Poor sod.

Oh dear, yet again the British untermensch have distinguished themselves in their own inimitable way and doubtless their apologists will flock to the banner and proclaim the righteousness of these thugs in defending themselves against the 'old enemy '.

As the Mediterranean resorts have discovered to their cost, there is no solution to the British lower end and their addiction to mindless brutality save total exclusion. How one can achieve that is difficult to imagine without the Thai changing their policy of attracting a mass market.

Looks like Thailand is stuck with the British oaf.

Oh well.

>>Pol Col Peeraphan Tunjai, chief of Samui tourism police, said it was likely the two British men were members of a mafia-type organisation on Samui and might know the pub owner, who is also a British.

What a load of rubbish. There are no British mafia on Samui. Christ i hate it how these rumours start. Even if these two fellas did know the owner of Black Jack, why has he linked that with 'mafia'. isnt it Luke that owns Black Jack? Luke is just an ordinary bloke who has done very well on Samui buying and selling land and house. A nice, honest fella.

You wouldnt be talking about Rik from GB liunge, would you?

Hope the German fella makes a sound recovery, anyway. Poor sod.

Yep..Rick sold the GB Lounge a year or so ago...

He runs "Black Jack" with Dave, they each do 3 days on 3 days off...I think Dave has been running it for about 3/4 years??? They don't make a fortune, probably enough to "live" and have a reasonable "Thai-style" life.

I believe that guy Luke you speak of still owns it (the freehold) and Rick and Dave rent it from him.

From what I've been told (never met the guy) Luke came to Samui about 12 years ago with next to nothing, worked his <deleted> off, and made a few quid through the bar, land, houses etc...and good luck to him :o

RAZZ

I first ran into Luke over a dozen years ago on Samui when he had an outside beer bar of the same name I think it was.

It was always busy and I remember he acted as the cashier taking every not from his bar staff and giving out the change.

It seemed strange to me on my first visit to Samui but now realise it was him being very shrewd.

Anybody remember Tom of the British Bulldog Bar at the same time?

An English person settling a disagreement with violence? No! I am SHOCKED!!!

Me too, this Doesn't happen on Samui!!! :D

Yeah...I've never seen any other nationality have a fight when drunk...only us Brits :o

Oh...apart from Yanks, Italians, Israelis, Dutch, Germans, South Africans, and various Scandinavians etc etc ...oh...and Thai's... :D

RAZZ

Edited by RAZZELL

[Pol Col Peeraphan Tunjai, chief of Samui tourism police, said it was likely the two British men were members of a mafia-type organisation on Samui and might know the pub owner, who is also a British.

Well the Ploice should know about mafia-type organisations !

Why can't the police deal with these violent people - They should have their visa's cancelled and put on the 1st plane out .

Since the sad incident with the Russian girls being murdered it now looks like there is a new catch phrase in Thailand again “International Mafia Gangs”

Possibly The Hub of International Mafia Gangs

Get ready for some High profile arrests of Serious Gangsters :D

Profiling has already started in Pattaya, Samui & Phuket will also be on Watch list :o

An English person settling a disagreement with violence? No! I am SHOCKED!!!

Me too, this Doesn't happen on Samui!!! :D

Yeah...I've never seen any other nationality have a fight when drunk...only us Brits :o

Oh...apart from Yanks, Italians, Israelis, Dutch, Germans, South Africans, and various Scandinavians etc etc ...oh...and Thai's... :D

RAZZ

You probably right, wasn't targeting just Brits, just that they seem to be in the majority. And alot are great people, was mean't as offencive :D

Dont forget folks, there are more Brits on the island than other nationalities. By virtue of this fact, there are greater chances of Brits getting into scrapes. Not a defence as such, more of a reminder and something to consider. There are plenty of stories on Thai Visa of violent incidents involving other nationalities - as soon as a Brit is involved, the stereotypes leap out.

Do tell more about Rick and Dave..... is Dave an ozzie guy? Did he previously manage a Samui bar on the main beach road?

It would be interesting to know what happened in the bar. It would be a shame to write the two guys off as idiots before knowing the facts.

Since the sad incident with the Russian girls being murdered it now looks like there is a new catch phrase in Thailand again “International Mafia Gangs”

Profiling has already started in Pattaya, Samui & Phuket will also be on Watch list :o

you been reading too many comics boy - suggest you attempt to enter the real world

Dont forget folks, there are more Brits on the island than other nationalities. By virtue of this fact, there are greater chances of Brits getting into scrapes. Not a defence as such, more of a reminder and something to consider. There are plenty of stories on Thai Visa of violent incidents involving other nationalities - as soon as a Brit is involved, the stereotypes leap out.

Do tell more about Rick and Dave..... is Dave an ozzie guy? Did he previously manage a Samui bar on the main beach road?

It would be interesting to know what happened in the bar. It would be a shame to write the two guys off as idiots before knowing the facts.

Rick used to own (lease, whatever) the GB Lounge. Been in Samui approx 5 years. Comes from Islington, North London. Arsenal fan.

Dave comes from Greenwich, South London, (and yes, he has put on weight) married to a Thai girl who's name escapes me...Been in Samui 4 years (?) and is a Charlton fan... :D

They are both nice guys, in that publican, talk the hind legs off a donkey, kinda way...Small bar that takes no more than 20-30 odd people...usually about a half-dozen at the bar talking shit, (which, several times has included me).

Whenever I'm in Samui I pop-in and say hello, as it's a mine of useless information... :D Spend most of my time chatting to the two girls who work there in my "pigeon Thai".

They rent the bar from the said Samui Legend Luke.

Nothing in the report suggests they were involved...Infact, only one of them works at any particluar time, unless maybe there's a big football match that they both want to watch.

It was probably some pissed up regulars (of which there are quite a few)...Rick and Dave just don't seem the type... :D

Talk someone into submsission, or bore them to death, yes, punch-up, no.

I assume the drunken German made a smart-arse comment to drunken Brits, (or vice versa) and then typical case of open your big mouth and get it filled... :o

I've learnt my lessons, I keep it shut... :D

If anyone's that interested, why don't they phone them and ask?

RAZZ

Edited by RAZZELL

is Dave an ozzie guy? Did he previously manage a Samui bar on the main beach road?

As for your "Dave" ...You might be thinking of the guy who "managed" "The Ark Bar" for a while, a big guy, blonde/brown hair. He "managed" the GB Lounge for a bit too.

I use the word "managed" because he didn't seem to like too much work :o

RAZZ

Good idea to wait til the "true" story is on record before jumping to conclutions here!!!

Agreed.

English friends of mine were visiting the island (a married couple) and a drunken Frenchman proceeded to hit on the wife. Persistently. Even after telling him that the man sitting nearby was her husband he persisted. The husband finally had enough when the drunken Frenchman said to her "I want to f*** you". Only thing that stopped him from getting popped in the face was the bar owner coming round the bar and booting the French guy out. Imagine how it would have turned out if the owner hadn't been nearby? And then you could all have only heard part of the story and made comments about the violent English.

So, before assuming that all English are lager louts or hooligans, perhaps its better to know the full story instead of making up scenarios to fit your own preconceived notions :o

Good idea to wait til the "true" story is on record before jumping to conclutions here!!!

Agreed.

English friends of mine were visiting the island (a married couple) and a drunken Frenchman proceeded to hit on the wife. Persistently. Even after telling him that the man sitting nearby was her husband he persisted. The husband finally had enough when the drunken Frenchman said to her "I want to f*** you". Only thing that stopped him from getting popped in the face was the bar owner coming round the bar and booting the French guy out. Imagine how it would have turned out if the owner hadn't been nearby? And then you could all have only heard part of the story and made comments about the violent English.

So, before assuming that all English are lager louts or hooligans, perhaps its better to know the full story instead of making up scenarios to fit your own preconceived notions :o

Thanks SBK. You are , as usual, the voice of reason.

I first ran into Luke over a dozen years ago on Samui when he had an outside beer bar of the same name I think it was.

It was always busy and I remember he acted as the cashier taking every not from his bar staff and giving out the change.

It seemed strange to me on my first visit to Samui but now realise it was him being very shrewd.

I remember Tom very well. I first him when I was very young (and very green!) in Feb of 1991 on my first trip down to Samui. He took me under his wing and I lived for a month or two next door to him in a little row of concrete one room apartments behind Chaweng Beach road. Very different in those days; I remember pigs and chickens wandering around in front of said apartments.

Met Tom again about 4 years later when he still had the bar. Haven't seen him since. Be nice to catch up with him though if he is still around.

I remember Tom very well. I first him when I was very young (and very green!) in Feb of 1991 on my first trip down to Samui. He took me under his wing and I lived for a month or two next door to him in a little row of concrete one room apartments behind Chaweng Beach road. Very different in those days; I remember pigs and chickens wandering around in front of said apartments.

Met Tom again about 4 years later when he still had the bar. Haven't seen him since. Be nice to catch up with him though if he is still around.

funny, i have been in thailand for over 10 years and none of my friends have ever gotten into a fight (arguments certainly) while out drinking. they have never put anybody in the hospital either. But most here seem to overlook that for some of us violence is not the

"norm"

I am sure they are great guys, the certainly manage their establishment in a dignified and professional manner. As for the two on one thing, excellent divion of labour. admirable

She said her husband, who was drunk, talked with some foreign guests including the two British men at the pub before he was punched and hit with a chair.

I am sure they are great guys, the certainly manage their establishment in a dignified and professional manner. As for the two on one thing, excellent divion of labour. admirable

Nowhere in the OP does it state the owner/owners were involved in the brawl.

Pity you didn't read your own post :o

funny, i have been in thailand for over 10 years and none of my friends have ever gotten into a fight (arguments certainly) while out drinking. they have never put anybody in the hospital either. But most here seem to overlook that for some of us violence is not the

"norm"

As some have mentioned my friend, probably better nor to cast aspersions until facts are known.

I also never get into fights whilst in pubs, the reason being I'm not inclined to get drunk and make a nuisance of myself. However, there are people that don't seem to be able to hold their alcohol that do make a nuisance of themselves. When this happens, it's a sad fact of life that there will probably be other people in the pub who react violently, because they too are unable to hold their alcohol sensibly.

Ho hum......

Nowhere in the OP does it state the owner/owners were involved in the brawl.

Pity you didn't read your own post :o

Well said, SBK, nowhere in the report does it say the attack was by the owners.

Just "two British men"...no ages, no names, could be Welsh, Scottish, Irish, infact anyone with with a British passport...

I think this thread is going nowhere until the "truth", or another version of it, comes out :D

RAZZ

you been reading too many comics boy - suggest you attempt to enter the real world

I think I know a little bit more about police activities in Thailand Than you

The British Met, Interpol & NZ police have been profiling in All 3 resorts for the past 3 months..FACT

Now you can get back to Star Trek

Say Hi To the Bandidos

I think I know a little bit more about police activities in Thailand Than you

The British Met, Interpol & NZ police have been profiling in All 3 resorts for the past 3 months..FACT

Now you can get back to Star Trek

Say Hi To the Bandidos

:D

RAZZ