Where Is You Thai Kids Father?

Begbie

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The vast majority of the (Issan) Thai men I have met who have fathered children work hard in the village and do their best to see their children get a good education as they can see education as their children's future away from the poverty they have ensured for generations.

There are one or two I have met - who revert from being a Husband to their wife's Brother when the farang Husband comes to visit the village for his twice a year visits. :o

Peter

Do you know the whereabouts of your Thai wife/gfs childrens father?

What does he do for a living and does he contribute to the childs upbringing?

Welcome Newbie, it can be a big step to join a forum :o

My (ex) gfs (ex) bf was shot by the Cambodian Mafia hence he didn't ( sic. couldn't) contribute anything to the young child. :D

BTW ( by the way) she saw his ghost near their house so I guess you could say he lived there ( Buriram)

I am not sure if the child in question was her sisters or her cousins child so in IMO ( in my opinion ) this answer could be invalid.

Sabadai May Crap :D

Just a wild guess from a few stories I have heard.....

Probably not far away, taking his cut from the thai GF earnings & taking it easy, getting drunk with his mates.

Be careful,

Soundman.

Personaly, one of main criteria when looking for a woman is that she has not been married before and has no kids, for the simple reason i have no wish to deal with the baggage that comes with it.

But as a general observation, a lot of the girls working in the nightlife industry are there because they have a child (children) by an absent Thai father and that is all they can do to support themselves, harsh i know but a sad reality.

BB

Not all Thai men are uncaring, my brother in law's kids rang him up and said his ex wife was drunk all the time so he went and grabbed them out of their school, brought them back here, and dumped them on his 70 year old mother. He gives her half his wages though even though he makes good money.

Prior to this relationship, with a childless woman, I had two live in relationships with Asian women, one in Lao and one in the PI and ....aaaah yes, the father of their children (one each) was a shadowy and mysterious figure both times.

Edited by sceadugenga

There are one or two I have met - who revert from being a Husband to their wife's Brother when the farang Husband comes to visit the village for his twice a year visits. :D

Peter

Happens a lot here in Thailand, I never quite understand the mentality of someone who gets married and then live on a different continent to the person they married. Even worse is buying a house for them etc while they live there and the farang lives in his home country. :o

Welcome Newbie, it can be a big step to join a forum :o

My (ex) gfs (ex) bf was shot by the Cambodian Mafia hence he didn't ( sic. couldn't) contribute anything to the young child. :D

BTW ( by the way) she saw his ghost near their house so I guess you could say he lived there ( Buriram)

I am not sure if the child in question was her sisters or her cousins child so in IMO ( in my opinion ) this answer could be invalid.

Sabadai May Crap :D

Jeffrey, perhaps when you sell your paintings you will be able to contribute to your ex gfs young child. Then the ex gfs ex husband can rest in peace. At least it will make her sister or cousin happy.

A string of issues on this.

Before berating Thai men for abandoning their children, we should at least accept that there are more than a few foreigners in Thailand who have done exactly that with their children back home (I know I've heard the bleating about the Ex having robbed you blind... )

Secondly I would say if any man or woman is taking care of the child of their wife/husband from a former marriage/relationship, then hats off to them - Taking care of children is something to be admired.

That is not to say there are not risks, I frequently post on the importance of foreigners married to Thais who have children from previous marriages/relationships protecting themselves against the parent of the child raiding the family wealth. Be assured if your wife/husband dies leaving wealth/property to a child from another relationship then the missing parent will suddenly turn up looking for their share, and unless you have taken steps to protect yourself, they will get what will be theirs.

Then I have an observation that I made on many occasions.

We had an administrative officer, she more or less ran all the non technical issues in the office, personnel etc.

She also delighted in introducing single people, she saw her self as a bit of a "Do Goody Match Maker"

I was often treated to her attentions, 'Nok's a good girl', "Duang's got a good heart', 'Kat is good company'.

The common thread was that each of these women, and they were all lovely in their own way, where divorced with children.

No sooner would they attain this status than our 'Do Goody Match Maker' would be introducing their charms to the single foreigners.

One day I asked, 'Why are you not introducing me to 'Jiap', 'Waarn' or 'Jan', they are after all single?

No response, the answer need not be said. What the Thais refer to as 'Mia Mai' where not good enough for Thais, so let's pass them to the foreigners.

This was punched home when one of our accountants suffered the fate of the 'mia nois'. While single and later attached to some wealthy Thai guy she would not so much as look a foreigner in the eye when being spoken to.

She felt herself too good for foreigners and had no qualms about letting this be known.

All that changed when she was dumped by her Thai lover.

I figure it took her a whole week to change her attitude completely, she went from someone who would not even acknowledge a foreigner to the most blatantly farang chaser in the office.

It wasn't so much as an eye opener as a demonstration that what was widely believed was in fact true. As a foreigner you make a bloody good second chance, for someone who might very well have no other chance.

There are alot of male Isaan migrant workers around the country. We had several of them working here when my father-in-law built the bungalows. To a man, they were all married, had kids and all sent money home. One day one of them went on a drunken binge after a call from his neighbor finding out that his hard earned money was being spent by his wife on a new boyfriend.

So, perhaps alot of those ex husbands were ex for a reason :o

Before berating Thai men for abandoning their children, we should at least accept that there are more than a few foreigners in Thailand who have done exactly that with their children back home (I know I've heard the bleating about the Ex having robbed you blind... )

Secondly I would say if any man or woman is taking care of the child of their wife/husband from a former marriage/relationship, then hats off to them - Taking care of children is something to be admired.

That is not to say there are not risks, I frequently post on the importance of foreigners married to Thais who have children from previous marriages/relationships protecting themselves against the parent of the child raiding the family wealth. Be assured if your wife/husband dies leaving wealth/property to a child from another relationship then the missing parent will suddenly turn up looking for their share, and unless you have taken steps to protect yourself, they will get what will be theirs.

Then I have an observation that I made on many occasions.

We had an administrative officer, she more or less ran all the non technical issues in the office, personnel etc.

She also delighted in introducing single people, she saw her self as a bit of a "Do Goody Match Maker"

I was often treated to her attentions, 'Nok's a good girl', "Duang's got a good heart', 'Kat is good company'.

The common thread was that each of these women, and they were all lovely in their own way, where divorced with children.

No sooner would they attain this status than our 'Do Goody Match Maker' would be introducing their charms to the single foreigners.

One day I asked, 'Why are you not introducing me to 'Jiap', 'Waarn' or 'Jan', they are after all single?

No response, the answer need not be said. What the Thais refer to as 'Mia Mai' where not good enough for Thais, so let's pass them to the foreigners.

This was punched home when one of our accountants suffered the fate of the 'mia nois'. While single and later attached to some wealthy Thai guy she would not so much as look a foreigner in the eye when being spoken to.

She felt herself too good for foreigners and had no qualms about letting this be known.

All that changed when she was dumped by her Thai lover.

I figure it took her a whole week to change her attitude completely, she went from someone who would not even acknowledge a foreigner to the most blatantly farang chaser in the office.

It wasn't so much as an eye opener as a demonstration that what was widely believed was in fact true. As a foreigner you make a bloody good second chance, for someone who might very well have no other chance.

Good observation, and very true, but not all the younger generation see it this way, my sister in-law is a very beautiful and intelligent (university grad) 23 year old, who has never married nor had children, she works full time for a furniture company in Bangkok, as head of sales, she is in no way interested in Thai men, and only shows interest in foreigners, be them Farang or from other countries in Asia. It seems she thinks vice versa, no Thai man is good enough for her...... I guess its the old custom against the new.

He left Thailand a very good job thousands of rai of land and now lives with a go go dancer in London.

so in a few short posts, it has almost turned into a BG thread, back on topic or it closes and the topic is up the top on the left

oh come on mods... you let the russian murder thread go on for 43+ pages of rubbish and all of a sudden when the honor of brown Isaan women gets threatened you in turn threaten to shut down?!

rubbish.

long as this answer may be, i cant really see where this answers the OP's question.

While not totally on topic, i thought i might mention that I know a Thai man 41 who has married a Thai woman 36 with 3 children to another man.

He says "I think of them as my own".

As far as I could tell they had no contact or support from the birth father.

They are 3 boys aged 6, 8 and 11 with the youngest having a physical disability.

Edited by 0Mix1up

the idea a Thai man might ever "contribute" to something sounds quite hilarious to me.

As I observed in my post #15, this is not something that is restricted to Thais.

We've plenty of farangs in Thailand running from child support.

What is curious is why you find such a negative stereotype to be so believable. After all, it’s not much to shout about if you are saying you are the second choice to such a poor first option.

I think OMix1up gives an example of just how wrong the negative stereotyping of Thai men can be.

Edited by GuestHouse

so in a few short posts, it has almost turned into a BG thread, back on topic or it closes and the topic is up the top on the left

oh come on mods... you let the russian murder thread go on for 43+ pages of rubbish and all of a sudden when the honor of brown Isaan women gets threatened you in turn threaten to shut down?!

rubbish.

sorry i'm new here, but isn't that rule just a little limiting on a thai based forum.

rubbish.

sorry i'm new here, but isn't that rule just a little limiting on a thai based forum.

Not really, if you want to talk about Bar Girls, pros/cons, likes/dislikes there are more appropriate forums.......

My wife has five children by her previous partner A Thai man -- He is dead and she had to seek some means of providing for the Family -- Me -- and it was the best thing that ever happened to me

One of the better posts I have read on TV.

I am glad a sad situation turned out so well for you and your wife and kids.

The father of my Thai wife's child has just typed this and he is in Thailand.

It is me.

Sensible answer.

I really don't suppose the OP wants to know that but I know a lot of Thais up here who are married with children and go off to work elsewhere and send a lot of their money home.

Life is not always easy for Thais and farangs to be with each other all of the time. I was an expat for years and it cost me my UK marriage but my son still talks and emails me and when possible I help him out.