Chiang Mai Immigration

princealbert

Just had visit from Immigration is this the norm ?

Came in Sept. with a Uk visa to be with TG and plan marriage, long story short is got married xmas 06 then went and got a non imm "o" from Vientiane. Last friday i applied for 1 year extension (no probs all docs ok) told to go back to immimgration 4th April for decision on my visa application.

All immigration wanted was to interview neighbours to find out if i was a problem to the community . Not interested in our relationship or marriage no questions asked of us at all about anything.

Anyone else had this happen to them ?

> Anyone else had this happen to them ?

It happens. Especially for spousal visa, they mainly check that you do indeed live together. Rather than count the toothbruses, they just ask around. No worries.

I'd be happy they go through all this trouble to keep any riff-raff out, in the end it's better for all. :o

> Anyone else had this happen to them ?

It happens. Especially for spousal visa, they mainly check that you do indeed live together. Rather than count the toothbruses, they just ask around. No worries.

I'd be happy they go through all this trouble to keep any riff-raff out, in the end it's better for all. :o

In total agreement with you chanchao. I have no worries about going through the official channels as all it is doing is protecting us and the genuine visa applications.

Just felt a little strange having 4 burley immigration officials call on us.

I was visited TWICE by Immigration when I first applied for my long-stay Visa.

They did the same stuff you mentioned ...asked neighbors about me..asked the sales office about me as well.

After the first visa was granted I have since had two more ..but no more visits

I have a child but never got visited in Chaing Mai. They just passed my son around the office a bit and sent us on our way.

When I was in Phayao, the local police visited. My father in law brought him inside with the rest of the family for some kind of family interview. Of course this was done Thai style which means a bottle of whiskey was involved.