Holiday visa for wife

Anyone gone through the process of getting a holiday visa for your Thai wife to visit UK/Ireland. I have looked up on gov sites and the application seems very in depth just for a holiday. Could a travel agent do it for her? She just wants to see where I'm from. We are married 5 years. 

It's really quite straightforward, and whilst your wife could use a visa agent, which don't come cheap, it's not too difficult for her to do it herself.

Do you both live here in Thailand, if so she's halfway there, if she lives in Thailand and you in the UK not so straightforward, but still not difficult.

Your wife will need to satisfy the Entry Clearance Officer that her proposed trip is genuine, affordable and that, on the balance of probabilities, she would return home to Thailand at the conclusion of her visit.

Have a read through some of the posts on the subject, go through the pinned topic at the top of the forum, and feel free to ask if either of you have any specific questions or concerns. 

On 2/22/2019 at 5:19 AM, tom158 said:

I have looked up on gov sites and the application seems very in depth just for a holiday.

Have you read the UK's guidance Standard Visitor visa? It may seem complicated, but not everything will be relevant to her.

Note that if she has a UK standard visit visa and enters the UK first she can then enter Ireland from the UK for up to 90 days or until her UK visa expires, whichever is the shorter, without needing an Irish visa. See Short stay visa waiver programme.

However, an Irish short stay tourist visa is not valid for the UK, so she cannot do it the other way round. If you intend to enter Ireland first then she will need both an Irish visa and a UK one.

In which case, for the Irish visa see Short stay tourist visa.

7by7 thanks for posting that, I'm working in Cork on a project later this year and was wondering how my Thai gf who will be visiting me can travel with me.  I assume we can just travel to Dublin without any issues then?

And for Tom158, like the others have said it's easy, you just have to have your ducks in a row, as you're married you should have nothing to lie about. Just make sure your wife gives you all the information required and you just "help her" fill out the application. My advice is not to use an agent (25000 baht last time I heard). I assume your living in Thailand, just surprised you haven't brought her to the UK before. Seems like a lot of farangs do this which I don't understand tbh.

Archived