UK Standard Visit Visa refusal for Thai GF.

13 minutes ago, DEQ said:

I just received a refusal in respect of my gf's application for a UK Visit Visa. The reason for refusal was "not a genuine visitor who intends to leave at the end of the visit".  Specifically, that she receives money from me and that she is not self-sufficient from her job and renting her land.  It is hard to see how we can get around that objection. Their only suggestion was she first travel to another country with strict immigration and then the UK would admit her.

I suspect you mean that your girlfriends application for a UK Standard Visit Visa was refused, she's the applicant and it was her that needed to satisfy the Entry Clearance Officer that her proposed visit was genuine, affordable and that, on the balance of probabilities, she would return to the UK at the conclusion of her visit.

It might be helpful if you posted your girfriends refusal, with personal details redacted, then the guys may be able to offer meaningful advice. I would be very surprised if the refusal notice stated that they would admit her to the UK if she visited another country with strict immigration controls first.

I've opened up a new thread for you, rather than piggy backing onto another posters question.

Archived