Divorce with kids

Mamafarang

Hello,

I want to divorce my husband but can’t really find any information about child custody in case of a farang mother and Thai father.

Here is some background info,

I’ve been married to my Thai husband for over 10 years, we are registered legally both in Thailand and in Israel.

a year ago we had our first child, who was born in Israel and registered both there and in Thailand ( therefore is both Thai and Israeli citizen).

I do not work in Thailand, meaning my husband  the sole provider.

I do not wish to stay in Thailand, I want to go back to my country and my family with my son!

how do I do that? Can I get full custody of my baby and leave Thailand? 

Soon I go back home for a visit and I’m thinking of not coming back. What are the consequences of me doing that, if any?

or can I file for divorce and custody in israel and it will be valid in Thailand?

I know it’s a lot but I’m really desperate... my husband is not even willing to listen about divorce and in no way he will give up our child without a fight (legal or physical).

but honestly he is not able to take care of him by himself and for sure he is better off with me.

I will appreciate any help you can offer.

That you are a foreigner doesn't matter. Upon divorce you have shared custody with the father. You need to decide together where the kids will live etc. The court can award the daily care to one of the parents. The father can also ask to court to deny permission to take the children out of the country.

Divorce without mutual consent is only possible on one of the grounds mentioned in the law. So you will need a lawyer.

As far as I can tell, parental child abduction is a crime in Israel. But again, best to consult a competent lawyer.

Archived